Author Topic: Loss Of Networked Storage Crashes Lazarus  (Read 1249 times)

Signal

Loss Of Networked Storage Crashes Lazarus
« on: April 16, 2015, 04:44:13 pm »
I find this completely weird. Here is what happened. Everything in the house is on an UPS, except the Internet connection (nothing I can do about that).

I was working with Laz when the power went out. Everything kept working normally for about 15 minutes on UPS power, then a compile simply hung. No error messages, just greyed out controls. Closing the IDE resulted in a message something like The IDE is Still Rebuilding. However, I was only doing a simple compile, not rebuilding the IDE.

I went to another machine. Laz did the same thing. I tried different projects and an empty project and got the same results.  I figured it had to have something to do with the power failure, so I ran connectivity checks and found my NAS in another part of the house was offline. Its UPS had failed.

Once I restored power to the UPS, both Laz installations resumed working normally.

This can't be proper behavior. The project I was working on lives on the local hard drive. The only thing I do with the NAS is publish to it once in awhile for backup purposes. I wasn't doing anything like that on either machine when Laz went South.

I double checked project and installed package paths to make sure that none of them were pointing to the NAS. I found nothing.

One machine was running production 1.2.6, the other 1.4RC2, both on Linux.

Thoughts anyone?

Recent

Get Lazarus at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Open Hub project report for Lazarus