Recent

Author Topic: FPC developers for large project needed (work from home)  (Read 11965 times)

Gromako

FPC developers for large project needed (work from home)
« on: April 08, 2015, 04:03:58 pm »
We're trying to find a handful pro-level FPC developers for work on a very large project we're planning. It won't start yet, first we need to do a lot more preparation so the work will start late 2015, but when it starts we'll need quite a few good Object Pascal developers to work remotely for us. We are ideally looking for very capable programmers with much experience, but if you're not just there yet we'll have plenty of work for you too, as long as you have talent and ambition. We'll pay by the hour, depending on your skill level (you should tell us what you would like to earn). It is a very serious large-scale, multi-year project.

We'll divide the work into components, libraries and classes, according to individual strengths and interests. The software we'll want to develop will need graphics coding skills (flickerless fast on-screen animation like in AutoCAD), basic knowledge of CSS/HTML/PHP/AJAX, a good grasp of object oriented programming and generally to be able to write clean, reliable, efficient code. The work will be "endless" because the software will eventually be as complex as Adobe Photoshop or MS Word.

Please let me know how much you charge per hour and what your biggest strengths and interests are. I want to stress that we're not a recruiting agency. I will be the project manager and designer of the software.

If you're interested please let me know.

frank at gromako dot com

Please contact me by email, not forum message.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 05:35:28 am by Gromako »

JorgeAldo

Re: FPC developers for large project needed (work from home)
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 01:32:35 am »
i've sent you a private message

sin_dragan

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 08:23:08 am »
This is great news, I hope we'll have more posts like this  :)

I think it would be great to start a blog about this topic, for example how to organize developers, code, bugs ... all achieved with open source tools and Lazarus.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 08:27:37 am by sin_dragan »
Windows 7 64 bit
Lazarus 1.4.1 (w/fixes) FPC 2.6.4 win32

Gromako

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 07:56:12 pm »
Thank you for your responses, I received four emails from very capable developers that could form an excellent team.

The idea is to form a crack team and give away shares in a new to-be-formed company, so that the developers get equity and thus not abandon the project too easily, will still be available for bugfixing etc. That would be a good way to ensure that the project does not fail after having spent a small fortune and years of our lives on it.

The software will be web design software, a bit like HTML5 Builder or Dreamweaver, only quite different. I have ideas but I think we should all put in our 2 cents as we go along. I do not want to go into the details, that will be after hire decisions have been made, contracts signed. (You need to be able to send invoices for your work, we can't employ people black).

I think the best would be to video Skype about the details, later on, in October if people still are available. First I need to do a lot of preparatory design work and assemble a team, see if there's interest from good developers.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 01:59:54 pm by Gromako »

JorgeAldo

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 07:02:05 am »
well, did you received my private forum message ?

i forgot to mention that i wrote powtils pascal to javascript translator...

Gromako

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 01:56:46 pm »
I emailed you back some days ago when I received your email, Jorge. I can not find a private forum message from you.

sin_dragan: Good idea. I'm looking for a company/product name so I can set the blog up. Not so easy. To preserve "link juice", I don't want to move the blog later.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 05:35:31 pm by Gromako »

Bostjan

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 10:46:22 pm »
Hi,

how are the things moving ? Do you still search developers for this project ?
I am lazarus novice but I have Delphi 6,7 and 2007 experience.

Best regards

TinyPortal © 2005-2018