Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus and FPC 3.0  (Read 73318 times)

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
Re: Lazarus and FPC 3.0
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2015, 10:04:35 pm »
Alright. Thanks.

derek.john.evans

« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2015, 12:07:22 pm »
For anyone that's interested, after installing CodeTyphon (Win32), i'm able to use its FPC (version 3.1.1) in Lazarus 1.4.2:

In IDE options, change:

Compiler executable (e.g. fpc.exe)
Code: [Select]
C:\codetyphon\fpc\fpc32\bin\i386-win32\fpc.exe
FPC source directory
C:\codetyphon\fpcsrc\
"Make" executable
C:\codetyphon\fpc\fpc32\bin\i386-win32\make.exe
Lazarus recompiled without problems. (So far)

SymbolicFrank

« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2015, 03:48:56 pm »
About Unicode: is there also support for flat, 32-bit Unicode? I would really like that. That makes it easy again to implement all those missing  functions. UTF-8 is nice and all, for files and sockets, but not for string manipulation. And who cares about the memory?

I'm using C++ Builder at my job, and the best things about that are real strings (no C-strings or std::string!) and TStringList. UTF8 strings is in many ways like going back to C-strings...

I mean, it's great that FPC + Lazarus support UTF-8, of course, but a large part of writing business apps is string manipulation. Half the functions I use regularly won't work or very slowly with UTF-8.

If I can help with it, tell me with what and I'll take a look.

GypsyPrince

« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2016, 11:29:49 pm »
Hello, I am new to Lazarus.  I just recently installed it, and also installed FPC v3.0 because I wanted the cross compilation ability.  However, when went into the options to redirect Lazarus to the new version of FPC, I found the executable names are different in FPC v3.0 than in v2.6.4.  Can anyone tell me which executables do what in v3.0, and what settings to change in the options dialog to get Lazarus to work with v3.0?  I've been hobby programming for 15 years in C/C++ and I am just now taking up the Pascal language because it seems like it might be easier.  In another IDE I use for C++, I had to create screenshots for myself to remember how to setup the GNU GCC toolchains in that particular IDE because the naming convention used for the executables was not the least bit intuitive.  Neither Fpc.exe nor make.exe are in v3.0, so I don't know what new executables do what, or to which property to assign them in the options dialog.

I have to warn you in advance, I am kind of slow on the uptake/slow in the head.  It took me about 6 years just to get the basics of C++.  So pictures or anything else that will make it as easy as possible for me to set up Lazarus w/FPC v3.0 will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

GypsyPrince

molly

« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2016, 11:54:54 pm »
Hi, and welcome GypsyPrince.

Every version of the Free Pascal commandline compiler is named fpc.exe (well, for windows platforms that is). In case it doesn't for you, then for sure there must be something amiss.

Rather than trying to solve your current issues, would it be an option for you to install the latest release candidate of lazarus (which comes with FPC 3.0 installed) ?

You can find it here in this post.

edit: corrected link
edit2: or not, i give up.

BTW: something completely unrelated for those that recognize: but is it only me that can't view posted links because of those silly session id's that are automatically attached when copy-pasting a link ? The only way to be able to view such a link is when logged in.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 12:15:27 am by molly »

GypsyPrince

« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2016, 01:36:48 am »
Molly,
Thank you very, very much for the info!!
I know that I will eventually have to learn the compiler setup down the road, but for now this is a very convenient fix so that I can get started learning Pascal!!!

Again, thanks!.!.! :)

vicot

« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2016, 02:14:21 am »

[/quote]
Right-To-Left language...
If such a person (maybe you) steps forward, other developers will be happy to share their knowledge about LCL.
I am willing to assist.
You may look as well for posts from Avishai or just contact him. He might be still very interested in the RTL topic.

Another user who has some expertise of R-T-L in FreePascal is motaz.

Robert W.B.

• Love my Wife, My Kids and Lazarus/Freepascal.
Re: About the book on google play "Getting started with Lazarus Ide...
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2016, 05:22:20 pm »
Hi Juha and the team. Can I  buy the book, to support You, by buying the book from Google to show my appreciation, for the freepascal/lazarus?  8)
Can anyone tell me?
Best regards Robbanux
Rob

TinyPortal © 2005-2018