Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus in a multiuser environment with extra components  (Read 5128 times)

actinic

Lazarus in a multiuser environment with extra components
« on: August 04, 2006, 08:34:10 am »
Right now I'm using Lazarus 0.9.14 on Linux. It's just been installed from the lazarus rpm package. I want to add components to the initial installation (such as pascal script or whatever).

What's the best way to achieve this on Linux so the initial lazarus installation can be installed from the RPM, the components can then be built in afterwards, and different users can use all added components.

Or is it necessary to build lazarus completely from source with all desired components and then package it as an RPM?

Zorba

RE: Lazarus in a multiuser environment with extra components
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 12:23:37 pm »
I'm not sure I understand correctly (which is not unusual).

I installed rpm packages as root, then everytime I wanted to add component, I did it as root to be able to rebuild Lazarus....then as user the components are there.

Did I understand correctly?

ultramarcos

Re: Lazarus in a multiuser environment with extra components
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 05:54:52 pm »
If a component is opened and installed as root, others users cant execute lazarus correct.

The newer versions of Lazarus work with global links. The global links are text file that references the location of component. The globals links must be criated on directory LAZARUS/packager/glocallinks. There are many examples in this location.

I hope to help. Excuse-me for my english!

Troodon

Re: Lazarus in a multiuser environment with extra components
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 06:18:38 pm »
In my experience, components installed by root can be safely used by standard users. Am I missing something?
Lazarus/FPC on Linux

TinyPortal © 2005-2018