Recent

Author Topic: programming help  (Read 3542 times)

Angie

programming help
« on: March 02, 2015, 10:31:06 pm »
Hello, Im need to programming and need son assistance with the following assignment:

"Mr. Chroné has decided to award each house a percentage of the $140,000 sponsorship fund
obtained to go towards next year’s athlete training.

Using the results from the House Total query:

1.   Write a structured algorithm or flowchart to:

a)   Accept the names and point scored for each house

b)  Calculate the total points amassed in the Sprint events. c)  Find the house with the highest and lowest points.
d)  Calculate the percentage allocated from the sports fund based on the conditions:

45 % of the funds to the house with the highest points and 17% to the house with the least points.
e)  Output :

i.   the total points scored

ii.   the names and points of the two houses and the respective amounts  earned.

2.   Represent the algorithm or flowchart using pseudo-code.

3.   Create a trace table for the algorithm or flowchart.

4.   Translate the algorithm or flowchart to Pascal Code.

5.   Compile and run the program.

Print the algorithm or flowchart, trace table, test data, Pascal program and the output

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
Re: programming help
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 10:36:59 pm »
This is not "do my homework central". We will help you and give hints about errors in what you have got, but you can't expect us to do the whole assignment.

What do you already have?

Angie

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 12:45:45 am »
I have done the flowchart and psuedocode. Not sure if its perfect. I have not fully grasps the trace table and how to translate it to pascal code. I have attached a file showing what I've done so far.

Thanks

tr_escape

• sector name toys | respect to spectre
    • Github:
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 08:43:18 am »
Hello Angie,

Unfortunately no one can help you as well as yourself.

Nowdays a lot of students don't want to learn new information/knowledge because it is already waiting in the Internet.
Actually it is very big problem also in my country I getting sad when I read the forums.

Every year after semester forums has new members and new topics but not about learning , using the code bank...

When I start to programmig in my country we haven't got Internet there is only in the few university...
There are only books and few magazines about computers or electronic and we have to examine (I am using that word for realty) all this books and magazine for new knowledge.

Please open the wiki and also you can use the translate sites.

At first learn ;

what is the programming.
 make a simple application as know as hello world.
 learn the what is console out application and objects
 learn what is the records or types or maybe data storing.

Always you can ask to the forums ofcourse but don't afraid about making mistakes.

I hope you don't mind this message

Best regards

tr escape

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 12:09:18 pm »
I have done the flowchart and psuedocode. Not sure if its perfect. I have not fully grasps the trace table and how to translate it to pascal code. I have attached a file showing what I've done so far.

Thanks
Flowchart -> pseudocode -> concrete code translation is programmer's skill. As a skill (not knowledge), it has to be practiced in order to be mastered. And you can't practice by asking others to do it for you. You MUST do it yourself. For the matter you fail, you can show us the latest concrete code you have written so far and what problem you face with it. Reading AND understanding compiler messages is a must, never skip that. The compiler is your friend and FPC is one of the best available in terms of error diagnostics. In short, do your best first before you give up and go to us. And even when you have to do so, put as many details as required. You'll be bullied otherwise >:D

TinyPortal © 2005-2018