Recent

Author Topic: Help Getting tcontrol.enableautosizing missing disableautosizing  (Read 2429 times)

Josh

Hi,
Hope someone can shed some ideas as to what is causing this to happen. I have a form with many controls (all bgracontrols), after a period of time when a control is being updated from external sources I get
 tcontrol.enableautosizing missing disableautosizing

I am not using docking and all my form/controls/panels have anchors set to [], allign set to alnone; and autosize set to false;

I am not set enable or disable autosizing in my code.

Wondering if anyone has had a similar problem.

The best way to get accurate information on the forum is to post something wrong and wait for corrections.

Blaazen

• POKE 54296,15
    • Eye-Candy Controls
Re: Help Getting tcontrol.enableautosizing missing disableautosizing
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 12:35:11 pm »
What Lazarus version and widgetset?
Lazarus 2.3.0 (rev main-2_3-2863...) FPC 3.3.1 x86_64-linux-qt Chakra, Qt 4.8.7/5.13.2, Plasma 5.17.3
Lazarus 1.8.2 r57369 FPC 3.0.4 i386-win32-win32/win64 Wine 3.21

Try Eye-Candy Controls: https://sourceforge.net/projects/eccontrols/files/

Josh

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 03:35:37 pm »
Oops
Currently back on 1.1 fpc 2.71 Win32/64.  ( Win 7, 64)
I have tried 1.4RC1 and Latest Trunc which are showing the same error, so I have gone back to an old version of FPC and application.
On trying different debuggers I do get occasionally different errors but all when the autosizing is appearing in the debug window.
No Errors in Leakview.
I suspect it is something I am doing, but all that I am doing is changing the text of a bclabel.caption like this

anim_count:=0;
AllDOne:=False;
repeat
  anim_count:=succ(anim_count);
  if anim_count>3 then anim_count:=0;
  case anim_count of
       0:show_lab.Caption:='. Reading Data .';
       1:show_lab.Caption:='. . Reading Data . .';
       2:show_lab.Caption:='. . . Reading Data . . .';
       3:show_lab.Caption:='Reading Data';             
  end;
  { Code to Gather Data Etc
     and set AllDone when finished.
  }
Until AllDone;

The animation is slow at about 2 changes per second, due to the data coming in from a slow slow device, it can cycle through the animation about 40-100 times before the error pops up.

Hope some of the above helps.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 02:03:28 am by josh »
The best way to get accurate information on the forum is to post something wrong and wait for corrections.

Josh

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 11:42:44 pm »
Just an addition
As debugger is picking up the error on case statement 3, I put a try except around the case statement. but the error is still showing and the try except is not catching the error?

TinyPortal © 2005-2018