Recent

Author Topic: DBGRID not allowing me any access during runtime.  (Read 1798 times)

tonykaralis

DBGRID not allowing me any access during runtime.
« on: February 27, 2015, 09:38:09 pm »
Hi All,
I am new to this forum and am in my second year of a bsc in computing.
I am using lazarus on windows 8 64 bit(i have installed the 32bit lazarus though) i also have microsoft access 2013 that im using to create my database. have used an ODBC connection, with a sqltransaction,sqlquery, datasource and dbgrid.
I have managed to connect the database to my application by creating a dsn file and saving it in the projects folder. During design time I am able to see the data in the DBGrid(live data). before running my application I make sure i set the connection property of the ODBC connecter to false and the datasource as well. The program runs and I can see the data in the dbgrid as expected. However, I cannot edit the data in the grid(I cant delete a letter/s or change a number or anything) the cursor allows me to run through the data but cant change anything.
I cannot figure out why it wont allow me to do anything.
Even when adding a DBnavigator, none of the buttons where activated after selecting a datasource.

Please can someone help. I have to submit an assignment and am running out of time.

Thank you

BitBangerUSA

Re: DBGRID not allowing me any access during runtime.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 10:38:19 pm »
since you didn't speak of it... is the Dbf ReadOnly property set to True?
may be off the mark - i haven't used ODBC in a long time.
you might want to post some sample code.

what about the DBGrid ReadOnly property? False or True?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 10:42:52 pm by BitBangerUSA »
Lazarus Ver 2.2.6 FPC Ver 3.2.2
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

TinyPortal © 2005-2018