Recent

Author Topic: Suddenly "Unable to read the project info file"  (Read 2808 times)

hinst

Suddenly "Unable to read the project info file"
« on: February 27, 2015, 02:18:20 pm »
I was editing source code in Lazarus 1.4 RC1, then suddenly Windows hung up dead; I had to reboot PC (this happens approximately twice in a month)

Started Lazarus 1.4 RC1; it reported config files version mismatch, clicked "Upgrade config". Obviously something was wrong because config files version could not change on its own because I didn't do anything with it.

Then Lazarus presented me with "Unable to read the project info file" (file path on next line). So now no matter how I attempt to open my project file, I can't open it.

Things I tried:
* Remove Lazarus config folder in AppData; didn't help
* Open project file using Lazarus 1.3, didn't help, shows same "Unable to read..." message
* Open project file using Project->Open item in main menu; makes no difference
* Restore various versions of my .lpi project file; I have it under version control; I have about 40 versions of this file in my repository; I tried like 5 of them from different points of time and branches, none work; and they certainly used to work before LOL

No idea what is wrong with it; suggestions? ideas? plz

PS.: Oh, and I can't recreate the project file because I have about 600 project files located in various folders (not my decision, not my fault)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 02:21:11 pm by hinst »
Too late to escape fate

howardpc

Re: Suddenly "Unable to read the project info file"
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 02:56:47 pm »
One possibility is that the session file is corrupted. If there is a .lps for this project, try deleting that and see if the .lpi can then be read OK.

hinst

Re: Suddenly "Unable to read the project info file"
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 03:11:43 pm »
Thanks, it seems to work fine now; that was indeed the case
Too late to escape fate

TinyPortal © 2005-2018