Recent

Author Topic: FTP Connect to servers that use either Implict SSL or SSH  (Read 3856 times)

Gizmo

FTP Connect to servers that use either Implict SSL or SSH
« on: February 24, 2015, 12:14:35 am »
I have an Apple Mac server that has FTP enabled by way of SSH using port 22. I can connect to it fine using the FireFTP Firefox FTP plugin by specifying sFTP in the encryption setting.

I have another server that uses "Implict SSL (Good)" using port 990 which I think is frost or similar. I can connect to that too, using FireFTP.

I have created a small demo project to see if I can connect using my own application. I have the Synpase library and the two DLL's in my project. All compiles. But I just cannot get it to connect. Code below. When I connect using FireFTP, I am asked if I want to accept and store the certificate. Could this be the problem? My code has no way to say "User, do you want to accept the certificate?". Is there a way to achieve this? In Delphi, such connections like easy (http://www.example-code.com/delphi/ftp_ImplicitSSL.asp) but I am really struggling with what I had assumed would be an easy task. 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 06:32:42 pm by Gizmo »

snorkel

Re: FTP Connect to servers that use either Implict SSL or SSH
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 05:13:07 pm »
For synapse and SFTP over port 22 you will have to use the cryptlib plugin.   I believe there are examples if you google it.

If you don't mind purchasing a comercial lib, securebridge from Devart is really good and can handle all your SSH SFTP needs.

Now FTPS  (standard ftp over SSL) is another story.   I don't know if synapse can do that for you easily.

It can do standard FTP no problem but the SSL adds a bunch of stuff like implicit and explicit connections and things like passive port ranges.
I think most FTP servers do the explicit SSL connections which uses dynamic data ports instead of port 990,  I think implicit is considered legacy.

You might want to ask on the Synapse mailing list.
***Snorkel***
If I forget, I always use the latest stable 32bit version of Lazarus and FPC. At the time of this signature that is Laz 3.0RC2 and FPC 3.2.2

Gizmo

Re: FTP Connect to servers that use either Implict SSL or SSH
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 08:48:12 pm »
Thanks Snorkel. Since posting, I have discovered SecureBlackBox by Eldos. Have used the evaluation version and got connections working. Looking at buying a license - costs about the same as Devart solution. Ta

TinyPortal © 2005-2018