Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus Release Candidate 1 of 1.4  (Read 79440 times)

fatmonk

Re: Lazarus Release Candidate 1 of 1.4
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2015, 12:43:31 pm »
SetDefaultLang() appears to have disappeared from DefaultTranslator in v1.4RC1...

or did I just break something.

-FM

-- UPDATE --

I found a note in the DefaultTranslator unit that says: "If you want to set translation language yourself, use LCLTranslator unit instead
and call SetDefaultLang in your program manually." - in fact if you want both automatic and manual switching of translations you need both Default Translator and LCLTranslator. It seems that SetDefaultLang() has moved to LCLTranslator, but the other functionality remains in DefaultTranslator.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 12:53:31 pm by fatmonk »

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2015, 10:34:31 pm »
I'm just disappointed that general GUI guidelines have been violated, making the IDE just a bit more annoying and less easy to use.
"If it ain't broke don't fix it..."

Out of curiosity:

Well, how would you have solved the following issue?
Compiling in 2 or more threads (which certainly is useful, as it saves lots of time), means you get the output of 2 or more running fpc.
Would you just like the errors, warnings and hints of 2 or more compiled packages mixed in which ever random order they occur?

And just a note on the side, in case that does happen for you:
There is a known issue, that the window sometimes stops scrolling. This in NOT meant to happen (and afaik a rare thing).
If this is what happened to you, and if that is (or is part of) what makes you dislike the feature, then, well yes, this is a bug and not the feature.

About the actual feature.
- There is now a header to which package a message belongs.  Is that really so bad?
- Color of the header => Configurable
- Plenty of options to filter. As it says options, no need to use them. Is that bad?

And, if you do not like the having 2 lists of messages updated at the same time => you can set the amount of threads for compilation to just one.
Do that, and change the colors, and you are probably close to what it was. (The header will still be kept in view, but it will only be one header)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 10:37:46 pm by Martin_fr »

GolfCat

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2015, 10:40:16 pm »
(Windows) Previously when changing projects I "close all" open the .lpi for the project I am going to work with and open the .pas file and run the compile button, but now in RC 1.4 it is the previous project that is compiled, I have to rename the folder of the previous project to compile the current. Is anything changed that I have missed?

Martin_fr

• Administrator
    • wiki
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2015, 10:48:19 pm »
(Windows) Previously when changing projects I "close all"
You dont need to do "close all". This only closes the open editors, but the project will still be open (always been that way)

open the .lpi for the project I am going to work with
How?
Menu: Project > Open Project ?

If you drag and drop it, there should be a question, if you want to open the project, and you must answer yes.

Paradice

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2015, 02:04:53 am »
Setup AnchorDocking and AnchorDockingDsgn packages. Laz will be recompiled. In the first time it'll look like shit then tweak your layout and in the tools menu save the default layout. See this link

Much better, thank you!!

avra

• Additional info
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2015, 09:40:54 am »
The new messages window is a disaster   %)
Hopefully for the next release it reverts back to normal top to bottom scrolling.

Should it stop using all available CPU cores with threads and revert back to a single thread?

Some people would like to switch on or off this feature. I would like having it switched on only if pastel background colors were used instead of current colors which are too strong and too much distracting by default settings.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 09:43:43 am by avra »
ct2laz - Conversion between Lazarus and CodeTyphon
bithelpers - Bit manipulation for standard types
pasettimino - Siemens S7 PLC lib

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2015, 10:10:56 am »
Some people would like to switch on or off this feature. I would like having it switched on only if pastel background colors were used instead of current colors which are too strong and too much distracting by default settings.

It is all configurable!

Funny how the coolest, most profound improvement of the whole 1.4 release is considered a bad thing by many people.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

Syndrome

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2015, 05:28:06 pm »

It is all configurable!

Funny how the coolest, most profound improvement of the whole 1.4 release is considered a bad thing by many people.

It is not fully customizable. Please add the option to change the color and size of text.

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2015, 05:40:06 pm »
It is not fully customizable. Please add the option to change the color and size of text.

Text size is not customizable but that is true for the whole IDE except for source editor.

mai

• truther
mouse extra buttons support in Linux Lazarus 1.4 RC1 yet missing
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2015, 09:07:15 pm »
newski made a cool patch for Linux 1.5  latest trunk ("full-dev" as one might possibly call it after some ephemeral ini-section named "devfull"), so that the extra mouse buttons work.

too bad, this patch did not make it into the 1.4 RC yet...  :'(

itz a great feature !
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 10:53:42 pm by mai »

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2015, 10:13:25 pm »
What is "Linux 1.5 full-dev"?

mai

• truther
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2015, 10:27:07 pm »
I thought - Laz "full-dev" is the one you get from fpcUP with no parameters, i.e. latest trunk or whatever.

That's what I thought. I was referring to

Code: [Select]
; use e.g.
; fpcup --inifile=settings.ini --inisection=devfull

itz called "devfull"  in  settings.ini of fpcUP to be displayed  in FPCupGUI.

yet no any such section is  part of the default settings.ini , once I looked at it ...  sry  ::)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 10:43:48 pm by mai »

Martin_fr

• Administrator
    • wiki
Re: mouse extra buttons support in Linux Lazarus 1.4 RC1 yet missing
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2015, 10:29:50 pm »
newski made a cool patch for Linux 1.5 full-dev, so that the extra mouse buttons work.

too bad, this patch did not make it into the 1.4 RC yet...  :'(
Is it in trunk? Or on the bugtracker?
I remember there were some posts on the forum. But they might not have been seen by any one working on the gtk parts

mai

• truther
patch links
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2015, 10:57:24 pm »
newski made a cool patch for Linux 1.5 full-dev, so that the extra mouse buttons work.
Is it in trunk? Or on the bugtracker?

I ran independent fpcUP with no particular parameters and the mouse extra buttons worked in that latest trunk  as opposed to the 1.4 RC1

maybe newski committed it without a bug report, he said he committed it on IRC and sure the latest trunk has the fix.

he pastebin'ned me the 2 diff files - I can repost those  if that was of any use to identify the patch:

http://www.hu.freepascal.org/fpcircbot/cgipastebin?msgid=19208
http://www.hu.freepascal.org/fpcircbot/cgipastebin?msgid=19209

they magically make the extra buttons work like a charm !  :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 12:36:00 am by mai »

goodname

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2015, 11:23:35 pm »
I've installed lazarus_1.4RC1-0_i386.deb then went to recompile to include packages such as lazReport and get the following missing file error.

File "/usr/share/lazarus/1.4RC1/ide/cmdlinedebugger.pp" not found.

This seams like a regression error so have posted it here.

Edit: Have found a file by the same name under /usr/share/lazarus/1.4RC1/components/lazdebuggergdbmi/cmdlinedebugger.pp
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 11:46:26 pm by goodname »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018