Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus Release Candidate 1 of 1.4  (Read 79430 times)

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
Re: Lazarus Release Candidate 1 of 1.4
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2015, 07:53:42 pm »
The new messages window is a disaster   %)
Hopefully for the next release it reverts back to normal top to bottom scrolling.

Should it stop using all available CPU cores with threads and revert back to a single thread?
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

bylaardt

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2015, 09:51:40 pm »
I Start lazarus and when i open a specific unit, i have this results:
Code: [Select]
TMainIDE.ParseCmdLineOptions:
  PrimaryConfigPath="/home/percy/.lazarus"
  SecondaryConfigPath="/etc/lazarus"
Looking for code tools config file:  "/home/percy/.lazarus/codetoolsoptions.xml"
NOTE: codetools config file not found - using defaults
NOTE: help options config file not found - using defaults
AskIfLoadLastFailingProject START
AskIfLoadLastFailingProject END True
TApplication.HandleException List index (0) out of bounds
  Stack trace:
  $00000000004F146C
NOTE: Window with stalled focus found!, faking focus-out event
LAZARUS END - cleaning up ...
[TMainIDE.Destroy] A
[TMainIDE.Destroy] B  -> inherited Destroy... TMainIDE
[TMainIDE.Destroy] END

i have no idea  why  "List index (0)"  .
i have no components in the .lfm file with lists and only one .pas file report me this error.
how can i debug it?
PS: in 1.2.6. works fine.

Update: the error occurs when i press F12
Update 2: Found it:
in lfm file:
Code: [Select]
      object DBGrid1: TDBGrid
        Left = 0
        Height = 396
        Top = 240
        Width = 192
        Align = alClient
        Anchors = []
        AutoEdit = False
        AutoFillColumns = True
        Color = clWindow
        Columns = <       
          item
            ReadOnly = True
            Title.Caption = 'Registro'
            Width = 200
          end>
        DataSource = navegacao
        FixedCols = 0
        Options = [dgColumnResize, dgColumnMove, dgRowSelect, dgAlwaysShowSelection, dgConfirmDelete, dgCancelOnExit, dgDisableDelete]
        OptionsExtra = []
        PopupMenu = PopupMenu1
        Scrollbars = ssAutoBoth
        TabOrder = 1
        OnDrawColumnCell = DBGrid1DrawColumnCell
      end
works fine when i remove the columns section.
it's a error? must i report it in bug tracker?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 03:43:55 am by bylaardt »

TurboRascal

• "Good sysadmin. Bad programmer."™
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2015, 04:51:42 pm »
Part of the community hates anchor docking, other part loves it, and there is even who does not care.
Should anchor docking really be default when even Delphi 2010 made it way back by easing the way to developers get back the look and fell of Delphi 7?

I don't care what Delphi does but I also think most appeal of docking is about fashion and hype.
I personally like to have 2 editor windows from top to bottom of screen, to see as much code as possible. I let some windows to overlap a little to maximize screen usage.
Now AnchorDocking is not usable because the form designer is not dockable, but even if it was usable I would still use separate windows.
Many people seem to think docking is a must-have feature, I think it has maybe 25% real usability and 75% hype.

AnchorDocking is usable for emulating D7 look&feel too because D7 also docked some windows (although not everything like D2005+). For example, Code Explorer and Messages were docked to the Code Editor.

Actually, it is not possible at all to achieve D2005+ look using AnchorDocking because of the said non-docking of the Form Designer. If all other windows were docked together, it would be practically impossible to use Form Designer and Object Inspector together.
Regards, ArNy the Turbo Rascal
-
"The secret is to give them what they need, not what they want." - Scotty, STTNG:Relics

zeljko

• http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User:Zeljan
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2015, 08:54:45 pm »
So far so good on Win8.1.

The new messages window is a disaster   %)
Hopefully for the next release it reverts back to normal top to bottom scrolling.
And no silly colored lines at the top of the window that are out of context.

Better open an issue about it then arguing @forum.

Hansvb

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2015, 09:43:32 pm »
I installed RC1 on Windows 7 64.
The menu is strange. I see Englisch and Dutch in the same menu. It should be Dutch (In 1.2.6 the menu's are Dutch).
Is this a option or is something wrong?

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2015, 11:27:39 pm »
I installed RC1 on Windows 7 64.
The menu is strange. I see Englisch and Dutch in the same menu. It should be Dutch (In 1.2.6 the menu's are Dutch).

It means there is no proper Dutch translation for those items. Texts have changed in many places. Also the translation code was changed so that "fuzzy" translations are not shown, the default English is shown instead.
Fuzzy translation means the original text was changed but the translation was not updated.
You should contact the official Dutch translator. (I don't know who he is, sorry.) There is still time to update it before 1.4 release.

zeljko and eny, about messages window:
Opening a bug report about threaded compilation may not be a good idea. You could however discuss with its author Mattias Gärtner in mailing list. He reads it more than this forum.

Paradice

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2015, 11:49:00 pm »
Hi, I've been using FPC on Windows for a long time but first time using Lazarus (I last tried a few years ago and the Windows version wasn't up to scratch, but I've heard it's much improved now).

First question - and sorry if this is already answered somewhere but I trawled through the options pages and FAQs and everything with no success. How can I make the IDE take up the whole screen? Double-clicking the IDE window just snaps it to the top of the screen, but my desktop shows through anywhere that's not covered by the other windows. Double clicking the source editor *does* go fullscreen but it obscures all the other Windows, which makes it useless. I can try painstakingly lining up each window to exactly touch all of the others, but it feels fragile and breaks the instant the desktop resolution changes (which I do a lot). Is there a way to make all the windows 'panes' or 'panels' of a fullscreen window, like Visual Studio or SlickEdit or Eclipse or any other IDE?

It might sound minor but honestly I can't use it while my desktop is poking through at me. It feels like I'm developing in a dialog box.

Basile B.

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2015, 04:02:19 am »
Hi, I've been using FPC on Windows for a long time but first time using Lazarus (I last tried a few years ago and the Windows version wasn't up to scratch, but I've heard it's much improved now).

First question - and sorry if this is already answered somewhere but I trawled through the options pages and FAQs and everything with no success. How can I make the IDE take up the whole screen? Double-clicking the IDE window just snaps it to the top of the screen, but my desktop shows through anywhere that's not covered by the other windows. Double clicking the source editor *does* go fullscreen but it obscures all the other Windows, which makes it useless. I can try painstakingly lining up each window to exactly touch all of the others, but it feels fragile and breaks the instant the desktop resolution changes (which I do a lot). Is there a way to make all the windows 'panes' or 'panels' of a fullscreen window, like Visual Studio or SlickEdit or Eclipse or any other IDE?

It might sound minor but honestly I can't use it while my desktop is poking through at me. It feels like I'm developing in a dialog box.

Setup AnchorDocking and AnchorDockingDsgn packages. Laz will be recompiled. In the first time it'll look like shit then tweak your layout and in the tools menu save the default layout. See this link

CM630

• Не съм сигурен, че те разбирам.
    • http://sourceforge.net/u/cm630/profile/
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2015, 08:10:33 am »
Now AnchorDocking is not usable because the form designer is not dockable, but even if it was usable I would still use separate windows.
Many people seem to think docking is a must-have feature, I think it has maybe 25% real usability and 75% hype.
Besides from the form designer not being dockable, there is another serious problem.
Side panels should either be autohideable, or hideable by a button, just like it is on the Opera 12 browser. This would provide more space for code writing.
Also, I could not place the buttons and control toolbars vertically. For me it is okay, but I suppose it would be usable for those who use wide/short screens.

Лазар 3,2 32 bit (sometimes 64 bit); FPC3,2,2; rev: Lazarus_3_0 on Win10 64bit.

eric

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2015, 08:12:28 am »
I don't bother with any docking arrangement. I just drag the various windows to the size and position I want. It only takes a few moments.

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2015, 09:28:34 am »
Also, I could not place the buttons and control toolbars vertically. For me it is okay, but I suppose it would be usable for those who use wide/short screens.

Do you mean Component Palette? You can use the Component List instead (View -> Components). It is dockable.

CM630

• Не съм сигурен, че те разбирам.
    • http://sourceforge.net/u/cm630/profile/
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2015, 09:52:02 am »
I just tried it.
What I do not like is, that in the Palette tab of the Components window/panel branches cannot collapse. If they could, they would need collapse/ show all buttons or popup menus.
And still, IDE speed buttons are not dockable.I use a 5/4 screen, oddly why is it me to ask these questions!?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 09:56:21 am by CM630 »
Лазар 3,2 32 bit (sometimes 64 bit); FPC3,2,2; rev: Lazarus_3_0 on Win10 64bit.

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2015, 11:48:16 am »
What I do not like is, that in the Palette tab of the Components window/panel branches cannot collapse. If they could, they would need collapse/ show all buttons or popup menus.

This is a valid point. It must be improved.

JZS

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2015, 12:39:40 pm »
Just a to warn others before finding their components have changed sizes.
An issue that will be pissing so many people off.

http://mantis.freepascal.org/view.php?id=27502
I use recent stable release

TinyPortal © 2005-2018