Recent

Author Topic: New Get Lazarus Initiative  (Read 27043 times)

sysrpl

• Get Lazarus
Re: New Get Lazarus Initiative
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2015, 12:02:35 am »
I am pretty sure the problem is I'm assuming Linux folks have all of Gnome installed, which is the default in the main line of the Ubuntu distribution. To fix this you'll need to install the Gnome or Ubuntu desktop environment. This doesn't mean you have to switch to another desktop environment, rather it means Gnome core components such as Gtk, Cairo, and Pango are available for use by Gnome backed applications (such as the default build of Lazarus on Linux) while you're still using Xfce.

aradeonas

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2015, 12:08:09 am »
Why it need gnome?I ask because I am not a Linux folk and just need it for one or two project.

sysrpl

• Get Lazarus
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2015, 01:34:17 am »
It doesn't really absolutely have to have Gnome. It's just that the script as it is now assumes you have the Gnome libraries installed. When I have the time I'll definitely look into the problem in more depth, but I personally have always had Gnome libs installed whenever I run Linux and as such am currently unfamiliar with whatever parameters the make command needs to substitute a different default widget set. You could install the Gnome libs using "sudo apt get install ubuntu-desktop" and that would fix the problem while keeping your Xfce.

Quick edit, If you do use want to install Gnome libs, use these commands:

sudo apt get install ubuntu-desktop
rm -rf $HOME/Development/FreePascal
curl -L http://www.getlazarus.org/download/?platform=linux -o setup.sh
sh setup.sh
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 01:45:48 am by sysrpl »

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2015, 10:35:22 am »
IIRC LCL_PLATFORM=

lagprogramming

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2015, 11:04:51 am »
Hmm.. Apparently the www.getlazarus.org initiative is down. What happened with sysrpl!? Haven't seen him in a while.

Bostjan

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2015, 09:06:10 am »
Page is currently up, but it's content seems out of date with statements like
Lazarus is already in 1.4 release candidate status
when there is 1.4.2 release already out.

So is this page/project still a thing ?

almcneill

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2015, 02:19:12 pm »
I too am curious, looks to have started strong and slowly fizzled out?

sysrpl

• Get Lazarus
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2015, 10:16:32 am »
Get Lazarus is still alive. Code has been moved from my private git server to github about a month ago.

https://github.com/sysrpl/Cross.Codebot

New additions have been made to including a fix for TTrayIcon on Unity, support for global hotkeys on Linux, a new unique instance and messaging utility.

A few weeks ago I wrote a new build script for the Linux and Windows installers (which may have introduced a few problems). I also added a new default layout for Lazarus which you can see below:

http://cache.getlazarus.org/images/lazarus.gif
http://cache.getlazarus.org/images/lazarus-win.png

I having working on a series of cross platform widgets and applications. This weekend I've been working on a CPU Meter widget which I intend to make very polished (like my clock example).

Here is my hotkeyed color picker app: http://cache.getlazarus.org/video/colormix.mp4
And I've mostly revised Snapshop for Windows, Mac and Linux: http://cache.codebot.org/snapshops/snapshop-opus-organize.jpg

Snapshop now supports capturing full desktop video, areas for full desktop videos, as well as images and image annotation. Captures assets can automatically be stored on your choice of cloud services (S3, Google Cloud Storage, or Azure Blob Storage). It still needs a bit of work, but it's close to being finished. You can see that support has been added to Cross.Codebot for these services in the Networking.Storage namespace (support for cloud drives).

And about the website itself, I've been planning on beefing up the www.getlazarus.org website. Forum articles I've written will be moved to the main site as blog like entries, and comments on them will be in the forums. I also plan on replacing the existing main web page video banner with a rotating set of videos which will feature content from the articles these blog entries. I'll be be writing blog entries for the CPU Meter widget, color picker, and Snapshop.

And finally, I've been testing out creating deb files and I'll be creating both debs and windows installers for the CPU Meter widget and Snapshop, which will be linked at the bottom their web blog like entries. I will also be hosting their sources on github. If the debs work okay for these files I may consider moving away from a setup script on Linux Nightly builds and using deb instead, though I think a setup script might be superior (if you guys work with me to report issues).

If you're interested you can get Cross.Codebot from github right now. There might be a Windows issue with it and the hotkeys which I jsut checked in, but you can always "git pull" and try later or just delete the git folder if you decide you're not interested.

aradeonas

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2015, 02:46:20 pm »
Very good.Happy to hear.
Where can I get new Snapshop?
Also I like your special Lazarus versions,Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 03:05:27 pm by aradeonas »

sysrpl

• Get Lazarus
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2015, 03:43:52 pm »
The last publicly released version of Snapshop was released earlier in the year. It's Windows only and the only web storage option (you can still capture to clipboard and file) is through FTP. It's also limited to screen grabs only, no video capture.

The page for that version is located here:

http://www.codebot.org/snapshop

The new version, which hasn't been posted yet, includes video capture, image annotation editing, web storage, and Linux + Mac support. I am still working on some Mac issues, streamlining the web storage account management options, and I need to create installers. I am considering the option to automatically host web storage myself much like Dropbox, except for image/video captures. That is, to allow people to store and share a limited amount of the image/video captures on web without needing to create web storage accounts.

I will post information to this forum soon regarding testing/contributing to Snapshop or anything else I've created. The problem is/was I have things to DO in real life which take over. Check out Cross.Codebot or Bare.Game on github page (my web framework is there as well), try it out maybe with the tutorial articles I posted to the forums, and if you feel like it comment or suggest enhancements or even message me to become a contributor (I can add people to contributors in the repositories or on the getlazarus forums).

Thanks.

aradeonas

« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2015, 04:00:51 pm »
Yea sure I always check your works.
About contribute I just use your works because I don't know much of them,I mostly do DB that as I know there isn't anything about this in Codebot and also I do graphic very much with BGRABitmap, I tried your versions and their very easy to use in compare to BGRA but BGRA is much more completed and to be honest I began working on your version and made some test app but I left them after your absence, SO now I am in the middle of Codebot and BGRABitmap.
Is there any way to merge them in one system?
Also can I access to last version of Snapshop for testing? Let me know when I can.

sysrpl

• Get Lazarus
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2015, 04:24:08 pm »
Windows only, screen captures to clipboard, disk, or FTP location:

http://www.codebot.org/snapshop/snaps.0.9.0.27.zip

aradeonas

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2015, 04:35:34 pm »
I talked about latest version that you are working on,this version that you linked I get that before and checked it out.

sysrpl

• Get Lazarus
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2015, 04:40:00 pm »
It's not released yet. I'll let you know when it's ready for testing.

aradeonas

« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2015, 04:46:27 pm »
Very good.
Also let me know what you think about BGRABitmap.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018