Recent

Author Topic: BIOS Level Code  (Read 2972 times)

Gizmo

BIOS Level Code
« on: February 01, 2015, 03:34:47 pm »
Hi

Not sure if this is a strange question, or not, as I have little experience of the subject, but is it possible with Lazarus\FPC to create a program that can be inserted into a modern or even traditional BIOS? So that the code is running and has memory access before the OS boots?

Thanks

balazsszekely

Re: BIOS Level Code
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 03:50:59 pm »
Yes, it is a strange question. First you asked for a keylogger, then for a program to send the logged keys through mail as attachment, now you want an application that loads before the OS. Are we coding a malware here Mr. Gizmo?  :D  Now tell me a legit program that needs to boot before the OS.

Gizmo

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 04:09:38 pm »
If you read my profile posts throughout history you'd see I am far from the capabilities of writing malware! And those that do don't ask for help on forums.

skalogryz

• Global Moderator
    • havefunsoft.com
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 04:29:57 pm »
If you read my profile posts throughout history you'd see I am far from the capabilities of writing malware!
Oh don't take the statement with smiley too close!
Yes, it is possible. There are some embedded targets already supported by FPC. The biggest part of the task is to have RTL available for the target platform. Didn't search myself, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone has attempted to add bios target to fpc

TinyPortal © 2005-2018