Recent

Author Topic: Synapse SNMP and crash-causing delays  (Read 1792 times)

lennit

• Aquila non capit muscas.
Synapse SNMP and crash-causing delays
« on: January 27, 2015, 01:00:49 pm »
Hello,

I have been working with Synapse SNMPSend for a while already, though please don't asume I have more than begginer skills in coding. The kind of software I work on requires constant calls to different sensors to receive data and act according to it. It's very simple and this library works just fine for me, apart from it's total refuse to work with Lazarus 1.2.6 as I pointed in another post.

The problem that arises from time to time is that when a link in the system crashes and the software fails to receive a response from it, this causes the whole program to crash. I have a procedure that pings the links and turns off the connection to them id they don't respond but if crash happens in the seconds before this procedure runs, then the whole program crashes and this brings down the performance quite much, because routers are not 100% reliable, there are power cuts also here and there and in the end it just doesn't work.

There has to be some solution, but as far as I saw (however little this is) I can't see a way to edit the function in such a way that it doesn't try to reach teh destination repeatedly and crash or cause significant delay.

Up to this point I am even ready to change the whole system and turn to another SNMP library, but I am not sure where to turn to.

Help  :-[
Win 7 32/64
Win 10 64bit
Lazarus 1.4.4
Firebird 2.5.3 (x64)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018