Recent

Author Topic: Cant compile on Pi  (Read 4346 times)

richard_rtech

Cant compile on Pi
« on: January 01, 2015, 05:38:44 pm »
Hi Guys

Have been mucking about with FPC/Lazarus on the pi for a few days. I doa LOT of Delphi development and it seemed this would be the easiest way to go forward with the Pi and Linux support in general. The version available on the repositories is old, 2.6.0 so looking at http://www.michellcomputing.co.uk/blog/2014/05/freepascal-2-7-1-on-raspberry-pi/ I've started to try and get amore recent copy. After a few hiccups I've managed to get the compilation started however it blows up trying to build sysencode.inc saying that setstring doesnt exist. I've had a litle poke about as best I can (yes I'm spoiled with the Delphi IDE) and trawling through include after include I cant actually find setstring anywhere. I can find FPC_setstring but nothing else.

Has anyone else had this building on ARM or does anyone have any ideas? I've rolled back to the older version for now but its no big shakes to try a build again if more messages are needed.

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
Re: Cant compile on Pi
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 06:37:36 pm »
What fpc version are you using for bootstrapping?

richard_rtech

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 09:58:21 pm »

serbod

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 11:38:26 pm »
Use this instructions:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/Getting_Lazarus#Getting_FPC_SVN_development_version

Compile with any previous version installed (2.6.0 is OK)

You can meet another problem - RaspberryPi not have enough memory to build Lazarus. You must setup swap on external drive (do not use internal flash disk for swap!).
http://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/70/how-to-set-up-swap-space

richard_rtech

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 01:35:52 pm »
Will see what I can do, just seein how I can get along with the older version first. I only really need the Mysql components and thinking about it I can use a version of my own client and do this all encrypted and have the server deal with it which is more secure than just opening up MySQL to the world. The plan was to work over an Openvpn connection but thats no longer an option. Long as I can get sockets open and closed and talk to the serial ports I'm happy.

Thanks for the help though and if I need to I'll give it a whirl.

Ric

richard_rtech

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 09:26:37 pm »
Given up :( Not one version I can find compiles without source errors or silliness. Have a sort of complete 1.0.6 that I had to use someone else's .deb file to get however I cant recompile the IDE so no components. Its all seriously frustrating as what I need to do I can do in Delphi in minutes. I've wasted so much time on this and every attempt to compile has been thwarted by code issues.

On my Linux dev system I get exactly the same, nothing does what the pages that have been linked and pointed to says it should and on a fresh, untouched Debian install it behaves the same.

Sadly bearing out my Linux experience Lazarus *just works* on Win64 :S

Not blaming anyone or having a go, just utterly fed up with having wasted a day following documentation to the letter and poking around the IDE sources fixing things to no avail. On top of this faced with being forced to use FPC NET I love the documentation :(

*sigh*

I must be a glutton for punishment. 1.2.6 on both linux systems (Pi and Dev PC) and 1.2.6 on the Windows Box. Now, just to get my serial and tcp/ip bits. Thanks for the suggestions and sorry for the rant. In all three cases its taken finding compiled versions.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 12:59:46 am by richard_rtech »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018