Recent

Author Topic: Anyone Know What This Debbuger Message Means?  (Read 6741 times)

Stumps

Anyone Know What This Debbuger Message Means?
« on: December 19, 2014, 10:46:45 pm »
New Lazarus 1.2.6 / FPC 2.6.4 installation on a brand new machine ( Intel Haswell i3 running latest PCLinuxOS ).

Upon running or building my application for the first time in a session. I get a notification pop up that says:

Initialization output:
/usr/bin/gdb: Symbol `acs_map' has different size in shared object, consider re-linking

It does not otherwise seem to affect anything. The applications builds and runs normally. It does not show for subsequent runs or builds in that session. Rebuilding Lazarus has no effect.

Debugger is gdb 7.8. Laz and FPC were installed using the Sourceforge RPMs.

I have searched for this issue and have found nothing regarding its occurrence when using Lazarus. Nor have I come across  anything at all that I considered helpful.  Anyone know what is means.

Stumps

cdbc

• http://www.cdbc.dk
Re: Anyone Know What This Debbuger Message Means?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 11:05:52 pm »
Hey Stumps
Fellow PcLinuxOs user here  :)
Are you active on the pclos forum? We generally discourage installing software outside the repo's... The idea being that nothing gets in the repo without thorough testing by packagers and testers  ;D  You installed from source / sourceforge, that means you're on your own.... I run 3 different pclos boxes with lazarus/fpc in various versions.
I always start with installing the one in the repo! That takes care of any dependencies and other stuff  8-) Then I go on and install the "trunk" in my ~/trunk..... So far everything works like a charm... Must admit the Lazarus version in repo is a bit dated, but it's tested and runs  ::)
It's probably some config mishap with LD, seen a couple of those...
My "nick" on pclos is also cdbc
Regards Benny
If it ain't broke, don't fix it ;)
PCLinuxOS(rolling release) 64bit -> KDE5 -> FPC 3.2.2 -> Lazarus 2.2.6 up until Jan 2024 from then on it's: KDE5/QT5 -> FPC 3.3.1 -> Lazarus 3.0

Stumps

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 01:32:54 am »
Hey Stumps
Fellow PcLinuxOs user here  :)
Are you active on the pclos forum? We generally discourage installing software outside the repo's... The idea being that nothing gets in the repo without thorough testing by packagers and testers  ;D  You installed from source / sourceforge, that means you're on your own.... I run 3 different pclos boxes with lazarus/fpc in various versions.
I always start with installing the one in the repo! That takes care of any dependencies and other stuff  8-) Then I go on and install the "trunk" in my ~/trunk..... So far everything works like a charm... Must admit the Lazarus version in repo is a bit dated, but it's tested and runs  ::)
It's probably some config mishap with LD, seen a couple of those...
My "nick" on pclos is also cdbc
Regards Benny

Sourceforge, not source. In other words, I installed the official Lazarus / FPC binaries and FPC source.  Since nothing else depends on them, I don't see any risk on the PCLOS side. Using outdated versions from any distro's repositories means the folks here can't fully support you on Laz / FPC. I don't like using trunk, since it can be buggy as hell.

What does LD refer to in your post?

Stumps

« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 01:35:31 am by Stumps »

cdbc

• http://www.cdbc.dk
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 04:53:20 am »
Hi
Ld is the linker on linux...
Regards Benny
If it ain't broke, don't fix it ;)
PCLinuxOS(rolling release) 64bit -> KDE5 -> FPC 3.2.2 -> Lazarus 2.2.6 up until Jan 2024 from then on it's: KDE5/QT5 -> FPC 3.3.1 -> Lazarus 3.0

Stumps

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 02:54:56 pm »
Hi
Ld is the linker on linux...
Regards Benny

Of course.   %)

Late hour, tasty beverage, and there I was trying to figure out what those two caps abbreviated.   :-[

Now, if I could just figure out how the linker is misconfigured. That is something I have never had to worry about before.

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 06:24:27 pm »
I don't think this has anything to do with FPC/Lazarus.

The program loader loading GDB simply tries to explain that the gdb binary and the libraries that it uses do not (fully) match.

acs_names sounds like ncurses, so probably the ncurses on your system does not match the one that GDB was built with.

For use with lazarus that doesn't matter much.

Stumps

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 08:54:18 pm »
OK. A lot of the references I found on my web search were to ncurses, so it seems you hit the nail on the head.
Thank you.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018