Recent

Author Topic: How Do I Make Sure The Saved Files For A Project All Have The Right Names?  (Read 2363 times)

Honduras2811

I'm doing the 'Gently Does It' tutorial, where the author says I will hate myself unless I follow his instructions. Naturally, I know it all, and ended up hating myself.

When I felt that I had the project all set up, my way, I saved it. I ended up with mismatched file names and undefined variables. Hey? How hard can it be to fix that?

A while later I ended up deleting that program and starting over.

The author's method makes sense to me, but he does it later than I am comfortable with. I like to save the Project as soon as I create it. It doesn't seem to be practical to do that in Lazarus. It seems to me that, at least, the forms would need to be saved after the first save.

Any suggestions on how to make sure that all of the files have the right names and all of the form obfects have the right qualifications? Did I miss something when setting up the options?
If it isn't worth doing right, it isn't worth doing at all.

minesadorada

• Retired
Re: How Do I Make Sure The Saved Files For A Project All Have The Right Names?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 10:46:40 am »
I normally start a new project by:
1 ) Make a new folder
2 ) Start the IDE 'New Application'
3 ) Name my forms, and set project options (like App name, Release and Debugging versions, Version info etc)
4 ) 'Save As' the project in the new folder, using memorable names for the project filename and unit filenames

Then I'm good to start coding.
GPL Apps: Health MonitorRetro Ski Run
OnlinePackageManager Components: LazAutoUpdate, LongTimer, PoweredBy, ScrollText, PlaySound, CryptINI

Honduras2811

Re: How Do I Make Sure The Saved Files For A Project All Have The Right Names?
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 06:44:37 pm »
TYVM. :)
If it isn't worth doing right, it isn't worth doing at all.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018