Recent

Author Topic: The package EditorMacroScript (pascalscript macros) has detected a problem  (Read 11722 times)

panoss

• You only live twice
When I start Lazarus the following error message appears:
"The package EditorMacroScript (pascalscript macros) has detected a problem and was deactivated.
The package selftest was not completed during the last start of the IDE.".

How could I fix it? I have build the IDE (clean all + build) but nothing.
Windows 10 64bit, Lazarus Version 2.2.0    FPC 3.2.2.

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
Does in happen every time?

Normally this means it is disabled, and you have to re-enable it, before it tests again (See menu Tools > Options > Editor Macro Script. There is a button "Test again" (restart IDE after that)

Occasionally there seem to be false positives (e.g. if you run 2 IDE parallel, and certain files a logged.

Look into your primary config dir ( home/NAME/.lazarus ) (Menu View > Ide internals ).
What is in the file editormacroscript.xml

The EditarMacroScript package and the PascalScript package also have test cases in their directories.  See if they work

panoss

• You only live twice
Does in happen every time?
Yes every time.
Normally this means it is disabled, and you have to re-enable it, before it tests again (See menu Tools > Options > Editor Macro Script. There is a button "Test again" (restart IDE after that)
I tried this and returned me an error: "In 'file:///root/.lazarus/editormacroscript.xml' (line 1 pos 1): Root element is missing."
I opened this file and it's empty. Blank.

Edit: I added these lines (I found this file in another lazarus installation in another partition... ::) ) to the file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<CONFIG/>

And the message is gone!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 11:22:49 pm by panoss »

Martin_fr

• Administrator
    • wiki
Ah could you bug report that please?

Seems the file got corrupted, and that did not handled properly.

panoss

• You only live twice
Gladly, but I don't know how to bug report it.

Edit: I registered to http://bugs.freepascal.org. I don't know the 'product built' of Lazarus.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 10:41:49 am by panoss »

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
I don't know the 'product built' of Lazarus.
I usually fill it with SVN revision, which you could get in the about dialog (no need to include the 'M' suffix).

panoss

• You only live twice
Thanks, I posted it without the 'product built'.

idog

• www.idogendel.com (Hebrew)
Hello good people,

I got here after getting the same error message on Lazarus 1.2.4 I installed on my Raspberry Pi (don't ask me how - I just followed guides on the web and tried random things until it happened  :) )

I see the text of the message ('Failed getstr2 [Exp: "456" / Got: "abc"]') in the file editormacroscript.xml, and no matter if I edit it and/or click "Test again" in the IDE options, it reappears every time...

Other than that, the FPC/Lazarus seems to work fine.

Any advice is welcomed...

Martin_fr

• Administrator
    • wiki
Hello good people,

I got here after getting the same error message on Lazarus 1.2.4 I installed on my Raspberry Pi (don't ask me how - I just followed guides on the web and tried random things until it happened  :) )

I see the text of the message ('Failed getstr2 [Exp: "456" / Got: "abc"]') in the file editormacroscript.xml, and no matter if I edit it and/or click "Test again" in the IDE options, it reappears every time...

Other than that, the FPC/Lazarus seems to work fine.

Any advice is welcomed...

It is possible that it does not work on arm.
Unfortunately it (currently) needs assembler code specific to each platform and cpu.

However, this message should happen once, then the file on disk should exist, and it should no longer try to load. (and not message either).

Of course if you remove the file then it will happen again.

If it does not go away: Uninstall the package.

--------------------
The earlier problem in this post was different. It happened on a cpu/platform/OS that normally passes the test.
But it failed once, and the format of the file's content was broken.

idog

• www.idogendel.com (Hebrew)
However, this message should happen once, then the file on disk should exist, and it should no longer try to load. (and not message either).

Of course if you remove the file then it will happen again.

If it does not go away: Uninstall the package.

--------------------
The earlier problem in this post was different. It happened on a cpu/platform/OS that normally passes the test.
But it failed once, and the format of the file's content was broken.

...and, of course, after you said that (and a restart of the system), I no longer get that error prompt  :D

Thanks for the information. Almost everything with these little computers is a pain - I'm happy I got something other than 0.9.30 to work at all. Now I need to try the cumbersome swap-file tricks to install a useful package or two...

jcdammeyer

• Embedded System Developer
    • Automation Artisans Inc.
As of January 2017, this problem still exists with both Beagle and Pi3 Jesse installations and Lazarus 1.2.4.  The message does not reappear once acknowledged.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018