Recent

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Broken Dependencies on Installed Packages  (Read 5379 times)

guest48180

[SOLVED] Broken Dependencies on Installed Packages
« on: November 07, 2014, 07:34:48 pm »
I installed several packages, some at the same time as others, and suddenly I have broken dependencies. I just tried to install the Cody package and it took me to a graph showing installed packages. MANY of them have the BIG red X on them. I tried reinstalling Lazarus, but that was not the ticket. Can someone help me with this? Do I need to uninstall all packages and start over?

Landslyde

Okay, I tried to uninstall some of the recently added packages and got the same broken dependencies error. I also uninstalled Lazarus and reinstalled, same results. Aside from wiping my drive, how can I remove ALL of Lazarus and start from scratch?

howardpc

Re: Broken Dependencies on Installed Packages
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 09:25:43 pm »
One important point with misconfiguration problems is to make sure - before you reinstall - that your config directory is wiped.
For instance, on Windows you would likely want to delete:
c:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\lazarus\
in addition to
c:\Lazarus\ (or x:\lazarus if you have your primary installation on some other drive than c:).

Then you'll present the installer with a 'clean slate', and get everything set up with standard Lazarus defaults (assuming the installation runs without errors).

guest48180

Broken Dependencies on Installed Packages
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 10:05:45 pm »
Thanks for the input, howardpc. Just before I got your msg, I uninstalled Lazarus and FPC. Rebooted. Did a search for anything "Lazarus" and found one empty file. Deleted it. Then reinstalled everything for the "clean state" install. Started Lazarus and went to the Package Manager and saw everything was still a mess. This is sad. Looks like I'm going to have to reinstall my OS and start with everything anew. But again, thanks for your input; we were on the same page with that.

Landslyde

BigChimp

• Add to the wiki - it's free ;)
    • FPCUp, PaperTiger scanning and other open source projects
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 09:44:10 am »
Looks like I'm going to have to reinstall my OS and start with everything anew.
That's like killing a mosquito with a nuclear bomb: while it works, it is overkill and not necessary.

You probably did not remove the correct configuration folder.... but that's guessing: we have no idea what you did exactly as you didn't post it.
Want quicker answers to your questions? Read http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Faq#What_is_the_correct_way_to_ask_questions_in_the_forum.3F

Open source including papertiger OCR/PDF scanning:
https://bitbucket.org/reiniero

Lazarus trunk+FPC trunk x86, Windows x64 unless otherwise specified

guest48180

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 02:34:37 am »
You probably did not remove the correct configuration folder.... but that's guessing: we have no idea what you did exactly as you didn't post it.

Yeah. I actually wasn't sure which package messed everything up. But now I know. I downloaded the jubiboutils (or something like that) and placed the folder in my components dir. Something didn't go right when i tried to add the package, for whatever reason, and that's where the issue came about. I wiped out everything "Lazarus", uninstalled Laz and reinstalled it. Still was a mess. So I went old school and wiped my drive and reloaded Windows and Linux. Am doing well now. Live and learn...sometimes the hard way   ;)

Landslyde

toopayz

Re: [SOLVED] Broken Dependencies on Installed Packages
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2018, 04:52:13 pm »
I just experienced this 16 December 2018  ::) ::).
The reason is most likely due to the jujiboutilsm component (I got it because I read this thread).
The solution:
1. Close Lazarus IDE Application.
2. Rename folder of jujiboutilsm component for example to jujiboutilsm - ERROR.
3. RUN Lazarus IDE Application and wait until Lazarus Application load all Package again.
4. In my case i have waited for 5 ~ 10 minutes and not finished..
5. Then RUN Task Manager an Force End Task.
6. Then RUN Lazarus IDE again, this time its solved.

CMIIW..

TinyPortal © 2005-2018