Recent

Author Topic: [SOLVED] "Fatal: Can't create executable project1.exe"?  (Read 16887 times)

Vladimir

Re: "Fatal: Can't create executable project1.exe"?
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2014, 10:39:09 pm »
Everything that is needed to open the project in lazarus and select "project\project options".

Do you mean it?
Code: [Select]
-MObjFPC -Scghi -O1 -g -gl -WG -vewnhi -Filib\i386-win32 -FuC:\WINPROG\lazarus\components\internettools\lib\i386-win32 -FuC:\WINPROG\lazarus\lcl\units\i386-win32\win32 -FuC:\WINPROG\lazarus\lcl\units\i386-win32 -FuC:\WINPROG\lazarus\components\lazutils\lib\i386-win32 -FuC:\WINPROG\lazarus\packager\units\i386-win32 -Fu. -FUlib\i386-win32 -l -dLCL -dLCLwin32

BigChimp

• Add to the wiki - it's free ;)
    • FPCUp, PaperTiger scanning and other open source projects
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2014, 07:45:46 am »
No, export the project to a new directory via Project/Publish project, then zip up the result and post it as an attachment.

My guess is that you have enabled project options/application, use manifest file, and set execution level to require administrator.
That way the program will run elevated and will not be so easy to kill.

But that's just a guess; showing your project as taazz requested is the best way to find out.
Want quicker answers to your questions? Read http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Faq#What_is_the_correct_way_to_ask_questions_in_the_forum.3F

Open source including papertiger OCR/PDF scanning:
https://bitbucket.org/reiniero

Lazarus trunk+FPC trunk x86, Windows x64 unless otherwise specified

Vladimir

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2014, 01:17:46 pm »
No, export the project to a new directory via Project/Publish project, then zip up the result and post it as an attachment.

My guess is that you have enabled project options/application, use manifest file, and set execution level to require administrator.
That way the program will run elevated and will not be so easy to kill.

But that's just a guess; showing your project as taazz requested is the best way to find out.

Here it is.

rvk

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2014, 01:46:13 pm »
I'm just wondering... You have internettools_autoupdate and internettools in your required packages. They are not used in your 'Hello. world!' project at this moment. Is your problem solved if you delete those requirements from the "Project Inspector"?

Never

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2014, 01:50:47 pm »
@Vladimir
Do you have (DEP) enabled for all programs and services except those i select?[ Data execution prevention]
System Properties/Performance/Settings/Data Execution Prevention (Tab)

Maybe this could produce this kind of behavior

if so set it to [ Turn On for essential windows programs an services only] and try
Νέπε Λάζαρε λάγγεψων οξωκά ο φίλοσ'ς αραεύσε

Vladimir

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2014, 01:59:13 pm »
I'm just wondering... You have internettools_autoupdate and internettools in your required packages. They are not used in your 'Hello. world!' project at this moment. Is your problem solved if you delete those requirements from the "Project Inspector"?

Yes, they were from a bit more advanced program that was simplified to "Hello, world!". Now I deleted these requirements and it did not change anything.

Vladimir

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2014, 02:45:21 pm »
I did it! :)

The problem, as I suspected already, was in my antivirus (COMODO Internet Security).

The program lazarus.exe was registered in Defence+ Rules of COMODO as "Trusted application". That proved to be not sufficient, it must be "Windows system application". After that setting project1.exe can be rewritten without problems.

Thanks to everybody for brainstorming.

To justify my slowpoking I want to say that I have never met such behaviour of compilers before. For instance, Delphi and Borland Pascal work fine without such settings.

Upd: The said above is not true for all version of COMODO. In some cases, i.e.,  one must to switch off "Auto-Sandbox" option.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 03:23:02 pm by Vladimir »

rvk

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2014, 03:00:13 pm »
To justify my slowpoking I want to say that I have never met such behavior of compilers before. For instance, Delphi and Borland Pascal work fine without such settings.
I have...  :D (With all of them, TP, BP and Delphi) That's why I suggested turning off the virusscanner. I've seen a lot of problems over the years ranging from just plain slowness of the computer to weird access violations and other problems due to a lot of different virusscanners. That's why I always suggest shutting it down for a few minutes just to check if it helps. (But apparently just shutting it off isn't sufficient in COMODO Internet Security.)

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2014, 03:33:10 pm »
To justify my slowpoking I want to say that I have never met such behaviour of compilers before. For instance, Delphi and Borland Pascal work fine without such settings.

The combined total of Delphi and BP compiler binaries in circulation is magnitudes less than FPC/Lazarus and its various GNU helpers.

That being said, I adopted Windows8 quite early, and at that time had to disable Windows smartscreen to let Delphi XE3 (then the newest or second newest version!) function. There are no guarantees, and even if it works it is often slow. I routine exclude development directories from security software.

Vladimir

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2014, 12:24:33 am »
That being said, I adopted Windows8 quite early, and at that time had to disable Windows smartscreen to let Delphi XE3 (then the newest or second newest version!) function. There are no guarantees, and even if it works it is often slow.

One of main reasons that has stimulated me to try Lazarus was that Delphy XE4 works extremely slow on my system (it loads in 2'30" etc) and I'm sick of looking for methods to fix it.

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2014, 11:18:54 am »
One of main reasons that has stimulated me to try Lazarus was that Delphy XE4 works extremely slow on my system (it loads in 2'30" etc) and I'm sick of looking for methods to fix it.

Note that such cases are usually because one gets a new license and makes the mistake to install everything to see everything that comes with it. (all 3rd party plugins, all targets etc).   

Delphi still takes 10-20s if you only install basic (win32/win64) support, but that is already a whole lot better.

But yes. I use Lazarus for much of my editing that is more advanced as notepad, something I would never do with Delphi (even minimal) since it is simply too slow to start.

With FPC implementing packages, I assume Lazarus will follow suit
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 12:06:31 pm by marcov »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018