Recent

Author Topic: Windows xp - meta tags - free pascal  (Read 1723 times)

userx-bw

Windows xp - meta tags - free pascal
« on: October 24, 2014, 07:15:50 pm »
because I am doing this for iTunes -- almost everything I have to mod and re-sample my mp3 files is in windows -- but even the ones I have for Linux they both lack what I really want to do with my files before adding them to iTunes.

all of the programs I am using both in Linux or Windows to mod my meta tags and fix the file names and re sample my mp3's to reduce the bit rate so I can have a smaller file size all put the out put in one big folder, thus copying over files of the same song name even though it is a different album of the same artist, or keep the modified file in the same folder adding words to the file name I do not want therefore I now have to do more work to remove what that program added.

they all lack the ability to put their output into a new directory and file structure according to artist / album name or what ever prams the user may want to use and keeping the old file for a back up if one wants to.

I did write a script a while back to re-sample, then rename my mp3's then create a new directory structure using the information from the meta tags then put the new files in according to artist and album. keeping my old files for a back up or being able to just delete them depending on add or removing the # to the line of code.

( I just did not utilize the adding information to the meta tags )

now I want to do all of this using in Lazarus with adding the manipulation of Meta Tags  too instead of just modifying my script I have.

therefore, does anyone know what back end to use for windows (XP) that is what I am running for my windows OS, as in Linux I could use ExifTool - I do suppose then work with that using Lazarus as a front end --

or does anyone have any recommendations of the best way to do this, even to make it a cross platform Linux /  Windows -
windows  / Linux program.

what would be the best way to do this?

( I hope I said that right)

Thanks

My Finished Projects
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mhsetroot/
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gmhsetrootfreepascalfrontend/

HP Elitetbook 6930p Dual Core Intel vPro 2.66 gHz
VOID (Linux) 64bit

TinyPortal © 2005-2018