Recent

Author Topic: MDI - working implementation !?  (Read 2502 times)

H. Niemeyer

MDI - working implementation !?
« on: October 24, 2014, 05:48:00 pm »
On transcribing an old Delphi-Program to a Lazarus-program i was in need do have working MDI-functions.
I tried to implement them in customform.inc and they work fine with my program and in my environment.
There are still some problematic spots in the code and i would appreciate comments/solutions for them.

Lazarus 1.2.6; Windows 7

Cyrax

Re: MDI - working implementation !?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 09:07:33 am »
You should create a issue as an feature request  in the bugtracker and attach your file there.

It would be best to make your modifications against development version (trunk) of Lazarus, create a patch from your working version and attach it to the bug report.

H. Niemeyer

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 05:38:07 pm »
In the meantime i uploaded a patch, but that is not working well for all situations. I think i found a workaround
and i hope some people will test it to make sure.
Link to my testprogramm: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24228536/projectMDIText.zip
(All MDI-methods are built-in in that programm so there is no need to change customform.inc)

Thanks!

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 06:01:04 pm »
I think i found a workaround ...

How about implementing MDI to Windows widgetset code properly as Zeljko proposed?
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

H. Niemeyer

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 06:38:27 pm »
Just started to learn more about Lazarus. Doesn't know enough (in the moment, hopefully) about widgetsets

zeljko

• http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User:Zeljan
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 07:37:26 pm »
Your patch is no-no. You must implement ws part in win32wsforms (create proper handle for fsMdiForm and fsMdiChild), then you won't need such patch and playing with ParentWindow.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018