Recent

Author Topic: Freepascal/Lazarus developers required.  (Read 7571 times)

funk247

Freepascal/Lazarus developers required.
« on: October 23, 2014, 12:09:23 pm »
We are looking for skilled Lazarus Programmers to assist in an ongoing redevelopment of a clients internal account processing database.

We currently have a senior developer & a junior and account manager, but the project is extremely complex and it has become clear that if we are to deliver on time, more developers will be required.

We already have a foundation in place for the system so any potential developers will need a solid understanding of Object Orientation, MySQL, Dynamic Components and be able to get up to speed with what code exists in a short period of time.

To apply, please PM me with a contact email and a brief note about why you think you are suitable. Make sure to include the following info:

1. Detail your experience of Component Development
2. Explain your understanding of Dynamic Components, Components that are created and destroyed as part of the program as opposed to being coded through the IDE
3. The application uses Components derived from the RTTI package, describe your experience using this type of component.
4 Detail your experience using the SQLDBLaz Package, particularly in relation to MySQL.

We also have a short test prepared for prospective applicants to ensure they are capable.

Due to timezone differences we would prefer UK/EU based developers but we are realistic about our prospects on this, and are happy to consider applicants from other timezones.

cdbc

• http://www.cdbc.dk
Re: Freepascal/Lazarus developers required.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 09:57:41 pm »
Hi
Looks and sounds nice :)
Why do you need us ?
Could this project be split ???
There are a LOT of skilled developers here, we all have our specialities / separate skills  :)
Perhaps time is an essence?
Please specify - Time is short  8)
Me personally: Background / system ; Be glad to help if I can.
Regards Benny
If it ain't broke, don't fix it ;)
PCLinuxOS(rolling release) 64bit -> KDE5 -> FPC 3.2.2 -> Lazarus 2.2.6 up until Jan 2024 from then on it's: KDE5/QT5 -> FPC 3.3.1 -> Lazarus 3.0

funk247

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 12:57:42 pm »
The project could possibly be split, I'm not the senior developer and couldn't make that decision, but we are looking at taking on 2 further skilled developers.

Time is a prime consideration as the project has overrun, but the budget is in hand, and with new developers on board getting an extension should present no problems.

If you are interested then by all means PM me with your background details and an email address and I'll send over the test for you to have a bash at.

janvb

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 06:10:45 pm »
Where is this located?
How long do you foresee a contract?
What rates are u willing to offer?
Will you pay for travel & stay etc if needed?

I might suggest you use www.jobserve.co.uk.

Good luck!

mrdebug

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 10:32:15 am »
Is this position still open?
I'm working (full time) with Lazarus (on Linux - Mac OSX) and Delphi (on Windows) from many years.
I'm located in Italy. If you need help please contact me at info@denisgottardello.it

TinyPortal © 2005-2018