Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus 1.2.6 Release  (Read 66987 times)

sunjob

Re: Lazarus 1.2.6 Release
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2014, 06:17:21 am »

BigChimp

• Add to the wiki - it's free ;)
    • FPCUp, PaperTiger scanning and other open source projects
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2014, 06:29:06 am »
@sunjob: yes, we know.
Want quicker answers to your questions? Read http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Faq#What_is_the_correct_way_to_ask_questions_in_the_forum.3F

Open source including papertiger OCR/PDF scanning:
https://bitbucket.org/reiniero

Lazarus trunk+FPC trunk x86, Windows x64 unless otherwise specified

photor

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2014, 04:10:48 pm »
congrats!

sunjob

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2014, 05:31:02 pm »
thank you very much for attention, good luck!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 11:49:49 pm by sunjob »

Kibukj

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2014, 07:56:52 am »
Thanks, it works well on Mac OS X Intel. :)

Is there a version for PPC Macs underway? Your posting suggests that minimun requirements are "10.5 for Intel cpus, 10.4 for PowerPC", but the respective directory at SourceForge is empty.

I have been wondering this too, last release (1.2.4) also had no OS X PPC download, at least not on Sourceforge or the other mirrors listed.

jwdietrich

• formatio reticularis
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2014, 10:51:27 am »
Thanks, it works well on Mac OS X Intel. :)

Is there a version for PPC Macs underway? Your posting suggests that minimun requirements are "10.5 for Intel cpus, 10.4 for PowerPC", but the respective directory at SourceForge is empty.

I have been wondering this too, last release (1.2.4) also had no OS X PPC download, at least not on Sourceforge or the other mirrors listed.

I was successful to compile Lazarus 1.2.6 for PPC Macs from sources, but for most users it would be easier to have an installer.

If somebody could provide me with information how to write an installer script I could provide a pre-bulit version of Lazarus 1.2.6 for PPC Macs.
function GetRandomNumber: integer; // xkcd.com
begin
  GetRandomNumber := 4; // chosen by fair dice roll. Guaranteed to be random.
end;

http://www.formatio-reticularis.de

Lazarus 2.2.6 | FPC 3.2.2 | PPC, Intel, ARM | macOS, Windows, Linux

BigChimp

• Add to the wiki - it's free ;)
    • FPCUp, PaperTiger scanning and other open source projects
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2014, 10:53:45 am »
If somebody could provide me with information how to write an installer script I could provide a pre-bulit version of Lazarus 1.2.6 for PPC Macs.
Seems like tools\install\macosx has some interesting .sh files...

Otherwise/further I'd ask on the laz mailing list...
Want quicker answers to your questions? Read http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Faq#What_is_the_correct_way_to_ask_questions_in_the_forum.3F

Open source including papertiger OCR/PDF scanning:
https://bitbucket.org/reiniero

Lazarus trunk+FPC trunk x86, Windows x64 unless otherwise specified

nsunny

• Code is magic
    • LazPlanet
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2014, 11:08:35 am »
Thanks to Lazarus Team.
Using it and I haven't seen any bugs until now.
Lazarus TTS Tutorial | LazPlanet
Lazarus 2.2.0 | FPC 3.2.2 | Linux/OpenBSD/ReactOS

fipsasmusen

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2014, 09:18:40 pm »
Still waiting for cocoa on MAC to get 64bit rolling.
Some news for this?

MadMike

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2015, 04:20:25 pm »
Upgraded / installed over the top of the old Lazarus

Load up a project and after a clean build and an attempt at running I get:

C:\lazarus\lcl\utf8process.pp(179,59) Error: Identifier not found "lisProgramFileNotFound"
C:\lazarus\lcl\utf8process.pp(182,53) Error: Identifier not found "lisCanNotExecute"
C:\lazarus\lcl\utf8process.pp(206) Fatal: There were 2 errors compiling module, stopping

Same thing happens for all the old projects I've written and all the sample projects too.

What now?

I'm quite new at this, any help gratefully received.

Mike
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 04:40:03 pm by MadMike »

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2015, 05:50:00 pm »
Upgraded / installed over the top of the old Lazarus

How old was the previous version? It is better you uninstall it first and then install the new one. The installation program for Windows offers a choice to uninstall the old version.

You are little late installing 1.2.6. Now I will leak a highly classified secret piece of information. :)
Next 1.4 version will be branched this weekend. RC1 may be built already 2 weeks from that, meaning at 24. or 25.1.2015.
Release happens about 2 months from that, maybe already in March.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

taazz

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2015, 06:35:00 am »
You are little late installing 1.2.6. Now I will leak a highly classified secret piece of information. :)
Next 1.4 version will be branched this weekend. RC1 may be built already 2 weeks from that, meaning at 24. or 25.1.2015.
Release happens about 2 months from that, maybe already in March.
What about a sync with FPC 3.0 release? Is it planed or you rather commit to a release after fpc 3.0 has been released?
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

Laz: Lazarus 1.4.4 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2015, 10:13:35 pm »
What about a sync with FPC 3.0 release? Is it planed or you rather commit to a release after fpc 3.0 has been released?

It will use FPC 2.6.4. FPC 3.0 release will still take months and it introduces major changes.
Lazarus will need testing before using it.
Unicode will be improved in Lazarus trunk and it uses the new compiler features. I guess only the following major Lazarus release 2.0 will use FPC 3.x, although it has not been discussed.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

taazz

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2015, 11:32:15 am »

It will use FPC 2.6.4. FPC 3.0 release will still take months and it introduces major changes.
Lazarus will need testing before using it.
Unicode will be improved in Lazarus trunk and it uses the new compiler features. I guess only the following major Lazarus release 2.0 will use FPC 3.x, although it has not been discussed.

2 questions of the top of my head
1) codetyphoon seems to be able to use the 3.1.1 along with  lcl or so it seems from a quick glance aren't they willing to share they test cases and results with you or something along those lines to shorten the fpc 3.0 integration effort.

2) Are we going to see major changes in the lcl for the new unicode support?  EE will the lcl support ucs16 or what ever is the default encoding for windows and utf8 for linux to minimize the translations between lcl and system encoding to minimum (I would go for 0 translation) or it will be kept as UTF8 and autotranslate to what ever the unicode windows api expects it to be?

Oh by the way just a general direction would do just fine no need to elaborate on details or commit to anything here.
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

Laz: Lazarus 1.4.4 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64

JZS

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2015, 02:48:36 pm »
... I will leak a highly classified secret piece of information. :)
Next 1.4 version will be branched this weekend.
That is a great news, thanks for the leaked info  ;)

I have a question that I wanted to ask for sometime but hesitated.

It's about Right To Left support. I know it is an old subject. Even I have seen a lot of threads discussing the matter, but haven't seen any positive imply that it's going to be supported soon. So I needed to ask.

What is the plan for supporting Right-To-Left languages?

Avishay asked this same question long ago, and I have seen long threads about it, but the subject remains unspoken about (or at least I did not see that if there was).

I have searched everywhere to find a clue about if this is going to be possible, but couldn't find an answer.

Just to give a picture how it's like for those who do not use R2L and never needed to use:
Imagine you want to align your components to the right side, you place them nicely on the form. Now try to change the width, and there it goes opposite direction than it should, messing up the alignment. All the components expand to the right no matter what BiDi was selected. In R2L world that is very annoying, super annoying actually. Even the Form does not keep the alignment to the right, if wanted to.

Anchoring the controls to the right help, to some extent, but not enough though.
I use recent stable release

TinyPortal © 2005-2018