Recent

Author Topic: What when RAD becomes SAD?  (Read 27261 times)

Dino_

• http://www.vulcanix.com/
What when RAD becomes SAD?
« on: October 05, 2003, 11:52:44 am »
When working on a project in lazarus I had this sad experience, It came to me when I did as I always do, adding buttons to a form, and clicking on them to ad the procedure and make the button do what I want...
I did hit the wrong button, and did not want the "procedure. wrongbuttonclick" that was listed in the unit file, so I just deletet it, both under "Type" and under "Implemetation" , but the next time I compiled my project, it was all gone... or at least all but the form..  every button, textbox etc. was gone..

How on earth does I get this back... does I have to start all over again? or is it a simpler way...

system:
Lazarus Editor v0.9.0 beta under SuSE 8.1 - KDE.

Marc

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2003, 11:18:25 am »
If lazarus didn't crash and you can't find any reference to a component in you're source, I would say bad luck. Otherwise, are you looking at the correct file and/or is there someting left in your temp dir ?

Now, on how could this happen. Yopu just deleted the declaration and hitted compile ?
//--
{$I stdsig.inc}
//-I still can't read someones mind
//-Bugs reported here will be forgotten. Use the bug tracker

Dino__

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2003, 06:15:07 pm »
Quote from: "Marc"
. Otherwise, are you looking at the correct file and/or is there someting left in your temp dir ?

Now, on how could this happen. Yopu just deleted the declaration and hitted compile ?

Looking at the correct file, and it`s all in the temp dir..

And yea, just deleted the declaration, and hit compile, and like magic, all components gone from the compiled form... But they all is there in the IDE thoug...

I have been wondering if this could be a GTK-issue, but does not know where to look...

Marc

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2003, 11:47:43 pm »
Quote from: "Dino__"

And yea, just deleted the declaration, and hit compile, and like magic, all components gone from the compiled form... But they all is there in the IDE thoug...

OK, so you have still you complete form, and you can edit it.
My guess is that there is still the event declaration in the button.OnClick event where you clicked first on. Now an non  existing event is streamed, which causes a form load faillure.

I have been wondering if this could be a GTK-issue, but does not know where to look...

Naah, GTK doesn't know anything about streaming, LCL and OnClick events :)
//--
{$I stdsig.inc}

Dino__

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2003, 09:22:59 am »
Well, now like magic has turned into more like a mysteri... :?:

And there are no event declaration in the button.OnClick, at least not that I was able to find...

And:

Lazarus just dies when trying to run it, and kills my x-server at the same time..  like "if I can`t, X can`t either.."

Will try to set up another SuSE system using my other computer, just to see if similar stuff happends then... :?

Marc

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2003, 10:53:17 am »

And there are no event declaration in the button.OnClick, at least not that I was able to find...

Can you look in the .lfm file itself ? (or have you already done so ?)

Lazarus just dies when trying to run it, and kills my x-server at the same time..  like "if I can`t, X can`t either.."

Oops,  X freezes or is it gone ?
In the first case, is there some console output ?
//--
{$I stdsig.inc}

Dino__

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2003, 11:20:32 pm »
X is just Gone...  no output, no nuthin... :shock:

*.lfm - file has been checked and declarations gone...  still same problem..

di fire up my other system. there all is okay... *phu* just a little cut`n paste, and I was back in buisiness again, but will continue to try to locate the error on my £#©ed-up system, in case other might run into same problem somtime...

TinyPortal © 2005-2018