Recent

Author Topic: Problem with the fcup and the svn version of Lazarus  (Read 3934 times)

Septe

Problem with the fcup and the svn version of Lazarus
« on: September 21, 2014, 11:11:39 am »
I've been running fpcup_update and up til now, it's been working fine.  Now, I run it and it fails, then closes the text window, thus, making it impossible to see exactly what the error was.  I tried to find fpcup.log to no avail.  I used a search file engine and couldn't find it.

What are my options?  Do I wait a few days and rerun it or is it something that I can fix?

Septe

Re: Problem with the fcup and the svn version of Lazarus
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 02:30:34 pm »
I believe I've solved it but I cannot be sure.  I renamed the development directory to development2 and basically reloaded lazarus.  It worked fine as near as I can but the original did not.  Since I don't know how to diagnose what happened, I'm going to leave it be.  Lazarus seems to be running and compiling fine.  Sorry for the trouble.

Septe

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 11:07:23 pm »
Ok. I'm done with this version of the svn.  Apparently, when I double-click the button to get the event handler, I get an error message highlighting the classes uses line of lcl.  I'm at my limit of my knowledge of Lazarus.  I will delete this version and restore the old development directory and see if the error continues there.

rvk

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 11:12:08 pm »
At the top off my head...
When you get that you need to select Tools -> Rescan FPC source directory and the problem is solved.

BigChimp

• Add to the wiki - it's free ;)
    • FPCUp, PaperTiger scanning and other open source projects
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 08:56:08 am »
When you get that you need to select Tools -> Rescan FPC source directory and the problem is solved.
Exactly!

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/fpcup#Error_finding_.28e.g..29_system.ppu_when_compiling_with_FPC.2FLazarus
Want quicker answers to your questions? Read http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Faq#What_is_the_correct_way_to_ask_questions_in_the_forum.3F

Open source including papertiger OCR/PDF scanning:
https://bitbucket.org/reiniero

Lazarus trunk+FPC trunk x86, Windows x64 unless otherwise specified

Septe

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 09:06:25 pm »
Sorry that I didn't get back to this sooner.  Problem is solved.  Now I have another tool to do when this fails again and I'm sure it will since I update fairly regularly.  Thanks to you all for your help.  Now back to learning. :D

Better late than sorry ;)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018