Recent

Author Topic: Android phone usb data cable  (Read 2966 times)

taazz

Android phone usb data cable
« on: September 17, 2014, 01:51:44 pm »
I received an samsung smart phone (galaxy gt-i5800) and I was trying to find a data cable for it online got frustrated and thought to ask so here it comes.

To me it seems that usb has very strict rules and it is almost impossible to build a cable by hand so what is so special about those data cables that I need to buy one that is compatible with my phone that any standard of the self micro usb cable does not have? if I get my hands on any micro usb cable how hard it would be to simple cat it in half rewire it and make it compatible?

Any info would be gratelly appreciated.
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

Laz: Lazarus 1.4.4 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64

Rails

Re: Android phone usb data cable
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 02:21:08 pm »
http://www.androidcentral.com/weekend-project-diy-usb-go-old-cables

Note: Don't have anything Android myself, but happened on the above site. Might be useful info for you.

taazz

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 03:42:01 pm »
http://www.androidcentral.com/weekend-project-diy-usb-go-old-cables

Note: Don't have anything Android myself, but happened on the above site. Might be useful info for you.

nice at least I know that they are not completely outside the standards. thanks for the link.
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

taazz

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 01:50:51 am »
just a heads up to any one that wants to start spending time with a soldering iron over a PCB for what ever reason. I finally found an android application that is worth buying. Head over to http://tinglebytes.com/2014/04/electrodroid-for-pc-windows-mac-download-electrodroid-apk/ and download install or what ever you do with it the ElectroDroid it is one of the most complete references I have seen out there so far.

For an amateur like me it gets constant use. I have only 2 problems with it 1) Now I need to create or buy some sort of stand for the phone and 2) I wish that the application would have a setting to not allow the phone to turn off the monitor while the app is focused, it becomes a bit tiresome to have to let the iron down to wake the phone so I can see what are the next pin's details.

Any way I'm still with out a data cable for the device but it is fun so far working with it.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 01:53:52 am by taazz »

TinyPortal © 2005-2018