Recent

Author Topic: Checksum mismatch when updating from Lazarus\trunk  (Read 4837 times)

Groffy

Checksum mismatch when updating from Lazarus\trunk
« on: September 05, 2014, 09:02:38 am »
Since about 2 weeks, I'm getting always a checksum mismatch while updating from svn repository. The error message always refers to files in \components\lazreport. I need to execute a cleanup by the tortoise client each time. Deleting \Lazreport directory and update again is not solving the problem. I have 2 Lazarus trunk installation for 32bit and 64 bit version. The problem occurs in both installations. Any idea how to solve that on my side?

With best regards - Ulrich

Win7-64 bit / TortoiseSVN 1.8.8, Build 25755 - 64 Bit

Linux Mint / Windows 10 / Lazarus 3.0.0 / trunk -qt

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
Re: Checksum mismatch when updating from Lazarus\trunk
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 09:18:19 am »
Checksum mismatch problem can raise from updated compiler and all units it come with, updating lazarus only shouldn't introduce that. Track down the original unit whose checksum mismatches, probably an old unit from previous compiler installation.

Groffy

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 08:32:11 am »
Thank you very much for your reply, but I don't understand the relation when a subversion client compares checksums between my local copy of a repository and the repository itsself. Why do tortoise cares for any compiler related units?

With best regards - Ulrich
Linux Mint / Windows 10 / Lazarus 3.0.0 / trunk -qt

BigChimp

• Add to the wiki - it's free ;)
    • FPCUp, PaperTiger scanning and other open source projects
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 08:49:26 am »
I think leledumbo may have misread your post.

TortoiseSVN checksum errors probably have to do with corrupt downloads of files from the svn repository on checkout/update.
Trying again until it works - or finding out the cause of what causes the problems [1] would be the solution.
Nothing to do with Laz/the compiler as you said.

[1] network problems, faulty NIC, problematic router, whatever. Not my speciality, I'm sorry.
Want quicker answers to your questions? Read http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Faq#What_is_the_correct_way_to_ask_questions_in_the_forum.3F

Open source including papertiger OCR/PDF scanning:
https://bitbucket.org/reiniero

Lazarus trunk+FPC trunk x86, Windows x64 unless otherwise specified

TinyPortal © 2005-2018