Recent

Author Topic: Which files do you copy to transfer IDE settings to another installation?  (Read 2111 times)

vfclists

• HowTos Considered Harmful?
Which files do you  need to copy if you want to transfer the settings from one IDE installation to another, eg when you install a new version of Lazarus to coexist on the same system, or install on another computer?

I tried copying some files from the primary config directory some time ago and it messed my search paths so badly that I never tried it again. I have to mention that that was my early Lazarus days.

Is there a list of files that will do the trick safely, that avoids any dependencies related to file paths?
Lazarus 3.0/FPC 3.2.2

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
I tried copying some files from the primary config directory some time ago and it messed my search paths so badly that I never tried it again. I have to mention that that was my early Lazarus days.
Well, that's the correct way actually. You can then fix environment options and package links, other options are not related to path. As an additional step, rescan FPC source directory.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018