Recent

Author Topic: Indy Crosscompiling  (Read 2580 times)

Warfley

Indy Crosscompiling
« on: July 29, 2014, 06:19:57 pm »
Hey guys, i have a pretty simple question.

I'm pretty new to Crosscompiling, I was using windows, and wrote Windows Apps all the time. But now i have a little problem, for what i haven't found a good solution by googelin. I have Lazarus installed on my Mac and also on my PC, and i want to write a Client-Server Application, where the Client will be installed on a Rasberry Pi.

On the Pie runs an Debian with an ARM architecture, and my Mac has a x86-x64 architecture. My Windows is Also running on the same PC.

Now i want to write the program on the Mac/Win, debug it on them and than export it to the pie.

My question is, can i Write the indy Programm on Windows or mac and Compile it for arm debian?

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
Re: Indy Crosscompiling
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 10:51:52 pm »
My question is, can i Write the indy Programm on Windows or mac and Compile it for arm debian?
I don't use Indy, so I don't know how it's coded. Theoritically, networking should be platform neutral. Even if not, it should be OS thing, not arch. Therefore, since Raspbian is essentially Debian and we have arm-linux compiler it should be possible.
Next, the problem in you. Do you understand cross compiling and all of its caveats? Can you build a cross compiler yourself? Can you build an arm-linux executable on your win/mac machine? If all yes, then you can directly try building for your Pi. Otherwise, get your hands dirty on cross compiling stuffs first (read the wiki and especially buildfaq).

TinyPortal © 2005-2018