Recent

Author Topic: SSPI  (Read 5845 times)

Mastropiero

SSPI
« on: July 22, 2014, 11:21:07 pm »
Hi,

I need to connect to an application via TCP. The problem is that the application requires SSPI.

Is it possible by using Synapse or any other networking package?

I can't find any information or examples of it.

Thank you in advance.

Mastropiero

Re: SSPI
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 10:01:21 pm »
Is there anybody... out there?   :D

skalogryz

• Global Moderator
    • havefunsoft.com
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 10:30:35 pm »
the silence suggests that you should probably try using windows API for this.

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 12:12:11 am »
My first google result points to MSDN and a wikipedia entry with "Microsoft Windows" in it. That's enough showstopper for me.

Mastropiero

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 02:17:07 pm »
I see. :-/

So if I use the Windows API for the SSPI stuff, can I still use Synapse for the pure TCP/IP handling, or I'm forced to do everything through the API?

Thank you for your responses.

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 02:29:26 pm »
Seems that SSPI is the plugin architecture for various authentications, not the wireprotocol.

Are you sure it needs SSPI, and not e.g. NTLM ? IIRC Indy supports NTLM. (though there are several diffeernt levels)

skalogryz

• Global Moderator
    • havefunsoft.com
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 02:32:43 pm »
So if I use the Windows API for the SSPI stuff, can I still use Synapse for the pure TCP/IP handling, or I'm forced to do everything through the API?
I've later on my mind.
But since I lack knowledge of what SSPI is, and how you're going to use it, it might be that I'm wrong.

Looking at the NTLM authentication chart here. It appears to me, that SSPI is used in parallel with HTTP protocol (rather than a wrapper over it). That actually suggests that using of Synapse HTTP/HTTPS implementation with SSPI APIs is possible (to some extent).

skalogryz

• Global Moderator
    • havefunsoft.com
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 02:34:32 pm »
I presume the next step is to create a header for API, if not available.

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 02:40:44 pm »
(If I read that picture, I see SSPI as a kind of socket api for authentication. It is an API that maintains connections, not a protocol. Note that the arrows mention NTLM as the protocol. Only protocols can be emulated using socket suites)

Jedi API lib has a crypto/security subproject. Jswcl or something. That would be a good start I guess.

Mastropiero

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2014, 03:09:52 pm »
Seems that SSPI is the plugin architecture for various authentications, not the wireprotocol.

Are you sure it needs SSPI, and not e.g. NTLM ? IIRC Indy supports NTLM. (though there are several diffeernt levels)

Yes I'm sure. The application uses a custom protocol (based on XML-formatted commands and responses) and, according the developer, it uses SSPI security.

Mastropiero

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2014, 03:11:04 pm »
(If I read that picture, I see SSPI as a kind of socket api for authentication. It is an API that maintains connections, not a protocol. Note that the arrows mention NTLM as the protocol. Only protocols can be emulated using socket suites)

Jedi API lib has a crypto/security subproject. Jswcl or something. That would be a good start I guess.

Thank you. I'll take a look into it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018