Recent

Author Topic: cannot (re)compile a working project after Laz 1.2.2 to 1.2.4 upgrade  (Read 3279 times)

RonQ

compiling a known "good" project from Lazarus 1.2.2 fails after upgrade to Lazarus 1.2.4 which installs itsself ok.

Lazarus 1.2.4 diagnostic and compile messages are:
PPU Loading: /Developer/lazarus/lcl/units/i386-darwin/carbon/interfaces.ppu
PPU Source: interfaces.pas not found.
searched my hard drive and has interfaces.pas found in: Macintosh HD/Developer/lazarus/lcl/interfaces/carbon

MAC OSX 10.9

don't know what next?
Tnx RonQ

kamischi

Obviously, the file interfaces.ppu for carbon is not found. Therefore, it searches for interfaces.pas, which is also not found. So you could check whether they are present, but not found because the path to its place is not checked. A common reason is a 32 bit vs 64 bit problem. The carbon interfaces are 32 bit only, but fpc's default could be 64 bit. Therefore, you should check the settings for the compiler path in the lazarus options. If it is set to fpc, it might help to set it to ppc386. Also check the settings for the cpu target and try, whether changing the cpu target from default to i386 helps.

You can also enable verbose logging with the compiler option "-vt". This will produce an enormous amount of output.

Just don't give up. Although tricky, it can be resolved.
fpc 2.6.4, lazarus 1.4.0, Mac OS X, fink

hinst

Try Run -> Clean up build files... -> Clear everything, then build
Too late to escape fate

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
..was loooong list of messages - some - red Warnings, some yellows... is concern and tracing needed - / -  do we need to know those? (TurboPower some thing and others....)?
Better if you do, understanding compiler messages is part of getting familiar with a development environment.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018