Recent

Author Topic: multi-dimensional open array parameter?  (Read 27259 times)

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
Re: multi-dimensional open array parameter?
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2014, 06:59:06 am »
.. and this is how dynamic arrays worked before compiler had build in support.

For more code like this see e.g. the numlib package.

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2014, 07:01:01 am »
You can use dynamic array instead of open:
Code: [Select]
type
  TArr: array of array of Integer;
  procedure Qqq(Arr: TArr);

And if you only need N level, open array of dynamic array ? :-) Never tried though.

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2014, 11:12:43 pm »
Telling someone to go implement it themselves in the source code is quite rude and an absurdity.
I think some of the hero members here ought to cool it a little, take a back seat and restrict themselves to wise comments.  I don't think making sport of people who are learning the ins and outs of free pascal is so clever.  If you want to show off then show off among your exact peers.
I'm countering his opinion that this is not a big challenge, so I challenge him back to implement. And as I have pointed, it turns out that it's not as easy as he thought. He misses a lot of important implementation details. I always tell that to people who complains about missing features and say that implementing the feature is not difficult but they never touch the compiler source nor they have any idea how to implement. You may think this is rude or absurd, but this is my way to teach people to think before they judge and I find it the most effective way. People with true ability will implement, and those without will be silent. All in all, we have nothing to lose.

typo

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2014, 02:56:01 am »
sean_vn, don't worry, in fact all open source projects need people who face the problem of putting the project ahead. Be also you someone who does the things happen on Lazarus Project. Good luck.

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2014, 02:58:50 pm »
I'm countering his opinion that this is not a big challenge, so I challenge him back to implement. And as I have pointed, it turns out that it's not as easy as he thought. He misses a lot of important implementation details. I always tell that to people who complains about missing features and say that implementing the feature is not difficult but they never touch the compiler source nor they have any idea how to implement. You may think this is rude or absurd, but this is my way to teach people to think before they judge and I find it the most effective way. People with true ability will implement, and those without will be silent. All in all, we have nothing to lose.

I have repeatedly heard the compiler builders call the piece that create the parameters for a procedure/method as the most difficult and sensitive part of the compiler.

Leledumbo

• Programming + Glam Metal + Tae Kwon Do = Me
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2014, 07:20:50 pm »

I have repeatedly heard the compiler builders call the piece that create the parameters for a procedure/method as the most difficult and sensitive part of the compiler.
Was the last final task in my compiler class at university, but it finally becomes bonus points because no one in the class can implement it given the time constraint.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018