Recent

Author Topic: Data Set Components?  (Read 5577 times)

bombadone

Data Set Components?
« on: April 21, 2004, 04:01:13 pm »
hi,

i just wanted to ask if anyone knows some data set components for lazarus or has ported one ( like TTable and so on ). If somebody got it, could you maybe tell me how to do or where i can get it?

C.

Anonymous

Data Set Components?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 09:31:49 am »
I tired to use it. In the components subdirectory you can find dataset components for mysql, interbase, sqlite database. In my system (Mandrake 10.0 community) only the sqlite seems useable, but only if you set the databasename, active, etc. properties at runtime. But the behaivor of data components (datagrid) is very interesting in this case... IMHO the data-aware compontents are unuseable in lazarus at this monent :-((((

jesusr

Data Set Components?
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2004, 05:23:21 am »
Quote from: "Anonymous"
I tired to use it. In the components subdirectory you can find dataset components for mysql, interbase, sqlite database. In my system (Mandrake 10.0 community) only the sqlite seems useable, but only if you set the databasename, active, etc. properties at runtime. But the behaivor of data components (datagrid) is very interesting in this case... IMHO the data-aware compontents are unuseable in lazarus at this monent :-((((

TdbGrid has some known problems, for example you can't browse vertically with the mouse due some gtk problems with scrollbars, some days ago a problem with dbgrid storing col/row information was fixed (this occured when you set active:=true at design time, and then saved the project [ more interesting things happen when you save the project and a dataset is active ;) ] )

So its true, that some components are not very usable right now (that is the reason people dont recommed components too much), but it would be useful if people reports problems in the bug tracking system or in the mailing list, so they aren't forgotten.

Jesus Reyes A.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018