Recent

Author Topic: New version of BGRABitmap  (Read 285461 times)

Josh

Re: New version of BGRABitmap
« Reply #330 on: January 17, 2017, 12:34:12 am »
Hi Lainz

The SVN version is the Lazarus SVN Version

Bgrabitmap is 9.3  ( If I remember the number correctly).

Downloaded about 3hrs ago from
https://github.com/bgrabitmap/bgrabitmap

Odd thin Lazarus report BGRABITMAP as 9.3
Description on web page show 9.2.2

The best way to get accurate information on the forum is to post something wrong and wait for corrections.

lainz

• https://lainz.github.io/
« Reply #331 on: January 17, 2017, 12:38:58 am »
Oh I see, I mixed the stuff. So is a problem of a change in lazarus that breaks bgrabitmap right?

It's OK is 9.3, that description is about a commit about 2 months ago, not the actual release number.

Josh

« Reply #332 on: January 17, 2017, 02:26:15 am »
Hi Lainz,

Yes that appears to be the problem; the change in lazarus svn has killed my application on osx carbon; and also killed lazarus; as once I get the error on opening project; lazarus becomes very odd; I cannot click any component on form; I cannot get lazarus about box Lazarus generates Violation error and exits.

Bug report is 31239.

I listed my previous post; which corrected after I downloaded a later SVN version this was back in October though; I have updated the SVN version many times since then; but now it has come back again....   But only on Carbon like before.

Odd one; so not an easy one to track down I suppose.

The best way to get accurate information on the forum is to post something wrong and wait for corrections.

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #333 on: April 30, 2017, 06:06:18 pm »
Hello people. It's been some time since last release.

So here is a new version of BGRABitmap (9.5)

Support for ICO and CUR formats :

added BGRAIconCursor unit to read, modify and create files with different icon sizes
handling XOR mask (loaded in the XorMask property of TBGRABitmap)
improved thumbnails to display Xor mask and cursor hotspot

Compilation fix for Lazarus 1.7

OpenGL :
fixes for GL shading language
added framebuffers (TBGLFrameBuffer class and BGLCanvas.ActiveFrameBuffer property)
added GetImage to retrieve bitmap from OpenGL surface
added FilterBlurRadial and FilterBlurMotion to OpenGL textures

SVG : memory leak and crash fix

https://github.com/bgrabitmap/bgrabitmap/releases/tag/v9.5
Conscience is the debugger of the mind

Phoenix

« Reply #334 on: April 30, 2017, 08:58:03 pm »
Thanks a lot for your work !!!  :D

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #335 on: April 30, 2017, 09:14:54 pm »
My pleasure. I am happy to have some time to do so.  :)

CrazyDron

« Reply #336 on: May 08, 2017, 08:01:53 pm »
Good day!

Which versions of BGRABitmap and BGRAControls should I download to use with Lazarus 1.4.4 (fpc 2.x.x)?
And if BGRA{branch} supports arm/ce compiler?

Thanks.

UPD: Tried it with latest 1.6.4 Lazarus - controls works with OpenGL. So WinCE is going out...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 08:27:16 pm by CrazyDron »

Awesome Programmer

• Programming is FUN only when it works :)
    • Cool Technology
« Reply #337 on: May 09, 2017, 03:11:11 pm »
Okay, I know this is an old post, but I need help. I am trying to install pascalSCADA and having trouble with it. I keep getting bunch of functions missing in BGRAUTF8 file like FileOpenUTF8. These functions are suppose to be located in the file LazFileUtils but they are not in there. So, has this issue been fixed? if so, where can downloaded the latest pascalSCADA or BGRA component. Thank you in advance.

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #338 on: May 09, 2017, 07:51:51 pm »
Hello CrazyDron,

I try to keep BGRABitmap as much compatible as possible with previous versions. Do you get an error while compiling with the latest version BGRABitmap on Lazarus 1.4.4? Have you considered upgrading your copy of Lazarus?

Hello Awesome Programmer,

The problem may come from a backward incompatibility. Which version of Lazarus are you using? Note that you can try to patch BGRABitmap library by inserting {$UNDEF BGRABITMAP_USE_LCL} on the line before "interface" in BGRAUTF8 to avoid using Lazarus functions.

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
« Reply #339 on: May 09, 2017, 08:04:18 pm »
Sorry to interrupt. In Awesome Programmer's previous post, I suggested him (or maybe her) to update his Lazarus. But he didn't even try. His issue may not be an issue if he try to use the newer version of Lazarus. He was using a 4 years ago version of Lazarus.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 09:16:12 pm by Handoko »

CrazyDron

« Reply #340 on: May 09, 2017, 11:41:04 pm »
Good day, circular.
Yes, I've got many errors in BGRAFreeType.pas:
    procedure TextOutAngle({%H-}ADest: TBGRACustomBitmap; {%H-}x, {%H-}y: single; {%H-}orientation: integer; {%H-}s: string; {%H-}c: TBGRAPixel; {%H-}align: TAlignment); override;
    procedure TextOutAngle({%H-}ADest: TBGRACustomBitmap; {%H-}x, {%H-}y: single; {%H-}orientation: integer; {%H-}s: string; {%H-}texture: IBGRAScanner; {%H-}align: TAlignment); override;
"no override" or some similar.
When I delete all error-overrides, somewhere (I don't remember) in this file I've got something like "idents no member".

Upgading to fpc3 in plans, but I don't know when.

I write specific project on WinCE, so trying fpc3 gots a many problem, especially with Cyrillic symbols.

And WinCE haven't consists OpenGL, so using BGRAControls is not possible...
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 11:45:00 pm by CrazyDron »

Awesome Programmer

• Programming is FUN only when it works :)
    • Cool Technology
« Reply #341 on: May 10, 2017, 05:10:09 pm »
Sorry to interrupt. In Awesome Programmer's previous post, I suggested him (or maybe her) to update his Lazarus. But he didn't even try. His issue may not be an issue if he try to use the newer version of Lazarus. He was using a 4 years ago version of Lazarus.

Hi Handoko
Sorry I didn't read your reply to my other post. Maybe your are right. I need to upgrade my Lazarus to the latest and the greatest. The only thing is I am running Lazarus on Linux and Lazarus was installed from the Operating System's repository. Lazarus in the repository is old and I am guessing they only update their repository whenever they release a upgraded version of their OS. I think, I will have to download Lazarus and try to install it on my own. Thank you for your reply on my other post.

Handoko

• My goal: build my own game engine using Lazarus
« Reply #342 on: May 10, 2017, 05:35:28 pm »
Sorry I didn't read your reply to my other post.

No problem.

I guess you're using Ubuntu or its variant. Lazarus from their repository isn't up to date, it has been complained several times. You need to manually download and install from Lazarus official page:
http://www.lazarus-ide.org/index.php?page=downloads

If you're a Debian or Ubuntu user, you should download the deb release and install all the 3 deb files following the suggested order.

Some people has problem installing Lazarus on Ubuntu. Hope you won't be the unlucky one. But if you have problem, here are some info that may help:
http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,34682.msg228051.html
http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,36211.msg241045.html
http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,36265.0.html

Carver413

« Reply #343 on: May 11, 2017, 12:37:42 am »

Hi Handoko
Sorry I didn't read your reply to my other post. Maybe your are right. I need to upgrade my Lazarus to the latest and the greatest. The only thing is I am running Lazarus on Linux and Lazarus was installed from the Operating System's repository. Lazarus in the repository is old and I am guessing they only update their repository whenever they release a upgraded version of their OS. I think, I will have to download Lazarus and try to install it on my own. Thank you for your reply on my other post.
use fpcupdeluxe https://github.com/newpascal/fpcupdeluxe/releases/tag/v1.2.0a

circular

• Personal webpage
« Reply #344 on: May 12, 2017, 10:44:50 pm »
"no override" or some similar.
Hmmm, override is not a new keyword. Does it say that there is nothing to override? In the case, it would not link this code with the more abstract class?

TinyPortal © 2005-2018