Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus 1.2 Form resizing error (Linux)  (Read 11326 times)

JD

Re: Lazarus 1.2 Form resizing error (Linux)
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2014, 07:06:12 pm »
No, qt-lcl works fine.
I think that problem is in our gkt2-lcl sizing code which use non-standard way of sizing handles . We use cached sizing and that probably causes problem.
Basically, our gtk2-lcl implementation have problem with any compositing window manager (eg. compiz), but this one is ugliest :)

Is there anything one can do to stop this annoying behaviour that makes working with large forms very difficult?
Windows - Lazarus 2.1/FPC 3.2 (built using fpcupdeluxe),
Linux Mint - Lazarus 2.1/FPC 3.2 (built using fpcupdeluxe)

mORMot; Zeos 8; SQLite, PostgreSQL & MariaDB; VirtualTreeView

zeljko

• http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User:Zeljan
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2014, 09:05:11 pm »
Is there anything one can do to stop this annoying behaviour that makes working with large forms very difficult?

I'm afraid not atm.You can use qt-lcl since it works ok.

ADBBingo

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2014, 07:46:50 pm »
I am running the same build (32 bit Mint w Cinnamon) and have found at least a partial work-around.  If you hold down <cntrl> you can 'dock' the form editor window to the right side (or whatever side you want) of the desktop, and it will not be resized.  It forces you to have the form be the total height of the screen, but you can control the width.  Before you compile, you can then resize the form to your liking.  Not perfect, but it beats having the form window shrink down to tiny when you click on the component bar.

allanregistos

• In Christ Alone
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2014, 05:32:34 am »
I also have this resizing problem in Linux. I am on Ubuntu GNOME 3.12/64-bit.
Here's the video that shows the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGYIZD2SIi0
God is my refuge and my strength.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018