Recent

Author Topic: Is there an RC or RES to DFM convertor?  (Read 3580 times)

sarason

Is there an RC or RES to DFM convertor?
« on: March 11, 2014, 05:58:01 pm »

I am working on converting an old OWL application to Delphi/Lazarus and I was wondering if there was a Utility
to do the RES or RC to DFM step. I have found plenty of stuff to go the other way indeed Lazarus and Delphi do it
out of the box.  I am also trying to retain the pascal code to DFM  OnClick connections if that is also possible
or am I just dreaming?

iware

Re: Is there an RC or RES to DFM convertor?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 01:53:28 pm »
Hi,
I also like to find such a tool.
Have you been successful?

sarason

Re: Is there an RC or RES to DFM convertor?
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 03:05:34 pm »
Yes there was I found, right in front of my very eyes when using Borland C++Builder 4 a
menu item called import RC scripts.
From its Help file

"The RC Import Tool enables you to convert resource scripts into C++Builder forms and automatically adds the converted forms to the open project.

1.   Start the Resource Expert.
2.   Click Next.
3.   In the Resource edit box, enter the name of the RC, DLG, or MNU file containing dialog resources you want to convert. You can use the directory tree and the files list box to graphically navigate to the location of the resource scripts.
   You can Ctrl+Click in the files list box to select multiple resource scripts to convert.
4.   Click Next.

Note:   You can click Prev at anytime to view the preceding page of the RC Import Tool.

5.   In the Include edit box, enter the path to any .H, .PAS, or .INC files that are needed by the specified .RC files. Many .RC files refer to WINDOWS.H. If you do not know what include files the resource script uses, open the file and check the #include statements at the top of the .RC file.
6.   Click Next.
7.   To display each form after it is converted, check the Show All Forms While Converting.
   If the RC file contains a large number of dialog resources, you should disable Show All Forms While Converting to avoid running out of Windows resources. Disabling Show All Forms While Converting will also make the expert run faster.

8.   Click Convert to import the selected resource scripts.

Note:   Your entire resource script may not convert as designed. See the implementation notes for the RC Import Tool for more information.
"

regards sarason

TinyPortal © 2005-2018