Recent

Author Topic: Lazarus 1.2 Release  (Read 148396 times)

GADZombie

• 8bitrlz
    • Zombie Mastah
Re: Lazarus 1.2 Release
« Reply #105 on: March 17, 2014, 12:09:44 pm »
It's up to you if you will use what exists, wait for someone to fix it, or fork/develop it on your own. Once layout is set without tabs and saved, it gets automatically loaded on each start and doesn't get in the way. Unlike my last kzDesktop test, AnchorDocking/GlassDocking does not affect Lazarus/CT stability, so I use it in all my Laz/CT IDEs.

Ofcourse. Maybe I'll try it and see what it is like. KZDesktop doesn't work in new Lazarus, as I wrote a few days ago. I didn't find anything else.

Matabyte

• Fantiusen Software
« Reply #106 on: March 19, 2014, 08:57:58 am »
I want to say about an error in the webpage with the 1.2 release download link.

In http://lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php, if I select "download lazarus 1.2 for windows 64 bits", redirect me to 32 bits version.
The download page too. It's a error with the url of the link.

The link is incorrect, so, everyone is downloading the 32 bits version instead of 64 bits version.

Anyone can change the url to the 64 bits version? Thank you.

Edit: I see the annuncement about the SEH.  :-[
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 09:08:59 am by Matabyte »

miquelmatas

• Beginner forever.
« Reply #107 on: March 19, 2014, 09:41:45 am »
Please,

Anyone can update the installer to lazarus-1.2.0-fpc-2.6.4-win32.exe ?

Thank you,
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 10:08:09 am by miquelmatas »
--
Cheers.
Miquel.

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #108 on: March 19, 2014, 10:56:32 am »
Edit: I see the annuncement about the SEH.  :-[

Yes, the "wrong" link is intentional.

Windows x64 users: please use the 32 bit installer if possible. See
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Windows_Programming_Tips#FPC_2.6.x.2FLazarus_warning_.28Missing_support_for_SEH.29
for more details.
Mostly Lazarus trunk and FPC 3.2 on Manjaro Linux 64-bit.

ikutluay

« Reply #109 on: April 04, 2014, 04:30:00 pm »
I have installed and i have deleoped my first app for Wince with lazarus.

It is using Dbase III DBF format for tables and works like a charm with barcode readers

calebs

Re: Lazarus 1.2 Release, a bug or a feature?
« Reply #110 on: April 08, 2014, 04:51:34 pm »
First i want to thank the lazarus team for the good work and the effort, keep up the good work people, lots of thanks.
I have a minor setback or problem, i remember it happens some time ago with some version of lazarus and was fixed later, and it seems that is happening again.
I'll try to explain:
I develop a big project (a large system that is divided in several projects) in a windows machine mainly, and in another with linux (mint right now) and the files are stored in a common server.
In windows i access the files opening the project searching the network (\\server\project) not mapping units because i've had problems before.
In linux i have mounted the network folder using nfs
With earlier versions of lazarus (1.10, 1.12 and others) i didn't have a problem in open the project in windows, modify, compile and run, and do the same in linux without change anything.
But now with 1.2, if i open the project in windows it stores in the project manager the complete path for all the files in the project (\\server\project\program.pas) and when i open it in linux the project, the files can't be found by lazarus).
If i open the LPI file with an text editor and modify the path (i mean, erasing \\server\project\ for every line) it works again. But if i reopen in windows and save it adds the path again.
Is this a bug or i have to modify something in options (that i can't find) to stop this behaviour?
Sorry for the lousy english, hope somebody understands it
And thanks again

howardpc

Re: Lazarus 1.2 Release, a bug or a feature?
« Reply #111 on: April 08, 2014, 05:33:44 pm »
But now with 1.2, if i open the project in windows it stores in the project manager the complete path for all the files in the project (\\server\project\program.pas) and when i open it in linux the project, the files can't be found by lazarus).
If i open the LPI file with an text editor and modify the path (i mean, erasing \\server\project\ for every line) it works again. But if i reopen in windows and save it adds the path again.
Is this a bug or i have to modify something in options (that i can't find) to stop this behaviour?
Sorry for the lousy english, hope somebody understands it
Your English is fine, don't worry. It is only Pascal spelling and syntax that matter on this international forum.
Sounds like a bug.
However, as a workaround that might be shorter than manually editing .lpi paths it would be worth checking/editing the value in the
Code: [Select]
<CompilerOptions>
    <PathDelim Value="?"/>
in case changing a single value resolves the problem.
Are the values stored in
<CompilerOptions>
    <SearchPaths>
    </SearchPaths>
valid for both Mint and Windows?   
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 05:37:44 pm by howardpc »

BigChimp

• Add to the wiki - it's free ;)
    • FPCUp, PaperTiger scanning and other open source projects
« Reply #112 on: April 08, 2014, 05:53:54 pm »
In addition to what Howard says, you could look into using version control software such as subversion (SVN), mercurial (hg) or git.
Using this, you can keep the project in local directories on Windows and Linux, commit changes on one system, and get them from the version control repository (svn up, hg pull hg update etc) when going to work on the other.

Bonus: you get version history, better overview of changes etc

If you store debug etc settings in .lps files and keep those out of version control, you can use OS-specific paths etc.

I use this when developing fpcup, papertiger etc (see signature) - projects that should run on Linux+WIndows+OSX or have a client and server part etc.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 11:08:23 am by BigChimp »
Want quicker answers to your questions? Read http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Faq#What_is_the_correct_way_to_ask_questions_in_the_forum.3F

Open source including papertiger OCR/PDF scanning:
https://bitbucket.org/reiniero

Lazarus trunk+FPC trunk x86, Windows x64 unless otherwise specified

calebs

« Reply #113 on: April 09, 2014, 12:41:01 am »
Thankyou howardpc, the section you mentioned says

<SearchPaths>
            <IncludeFiles Value="$(ProjOutDir)"/>
            <UnitOutputDirectory Value="lib\$(TargetCPU)-$(TargetOS)"/>
          </SearchPaths>

And i think is fine, the problem is in these sections:
<Units Count="6">
      <Unit0>
        <Filename Value="\\SERVIDOR\sistemanuevo\librosdeiva.lpr"/>         // this is wrong, it shouldn't say \\SERVIDOR\sistemanuevo\, just the lpr file
        <IsPartOfProject Value="True"/>
        <UnitName Value="librosdeiva"/>
      </Unit0>

and thanks bigchimp, i've tried to use svn tortoise but it seems quite complex in the time i've tried to use it, and this method was working well. Maybe i will implement this when i need to colaborate with another programmer.

What should i do?

lhxzui

« Reply #114 on: April 10, 2014, 02:36:57 am »
I have built lazarus1.2.0 using fpc-2.6.4 successfully.
So, I can use fpc-2.6.4 in lazarus1.2.0. By now, there is no error arising. My platform is win7.
I will share two or three days later by providing link for downloading. Can I do this?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 02:52:19 am by lhxzui »

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #115 on: April 10, 2014, 10:41:53 am »
I will share two or three days later by providing link for downloading. Can I do this?

Sure you can do it but it is not very useful because Lazarus 1.2.2 uses FPC 2.6.4 and it will be released soon. It will also contain FPC 2.6.4 related bug fixes.

BigChimp

« Reply #116 on: April 10, 2014, 10:46:51 am »
I have built lazarus1.2.0 using fpc-2.6.4 successfully.
So, I can use fpc-2.6.4 in lazarus1.2.0. By now, there is no error arising. My platform is win7.
It's open source - no problem with sharing.... and you may be helping others.

Juha is right - there's an upcoming new Lazarus based on FPC 2.6.4 but when that happens you can always remove the download or point to the official release...
Want quicker answers to your questions? Read http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Faq#What_is_the_correct_way_to_ask_questions_in_the_forum.3F

JuhaManninen

• Global Moderator
  • I like bugs.
« Reply #117 on: April 10, 2014, 11:03:58 am »
and thanks bigchimp, i've tried to use svn tortoise but it seems quite complex in the time i've tried to use it, and this method was working well. Maybe i will implement this when i need to colaborate with another programmer.

Git would be much easier in your case because it does not require any server installation. Mercurial can be equally good but I personally know Git better.

What should i do?

I think you should report the regression bug about Windows network paths. There were indeed changes in relative path / absolute path functions.

lhxzui

« Reply #118 on: April 10, 2014, 11:44:56 am »
Thank you.
I am sorry. I know nothing about GIT.
Just share the link for downloading.
I put it here: http://www.fpccn.com/thread-3413-1-1.html
I post in FPCCN(www.fpccn.com). I also describe it in English.
Just try it. Conveniently, assist some people.
People using it will discuss issues.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 11:53:07 am by lhxzui »

BigChimp

« Reply #119 on: April 10, 2014, 11:50:06 am »
@lhxzui: Juha was not talking to you about git. He was responding to calebs...

TinyPortal © 2005-2018