Recent

Author Topic: MySQL client driver  (Read 12260 times)

mangakissa

MySQL client driver
« on: February 03, 2014, 01:43:30 pm »
I want to connect with my Motorola MC9090 to a MySQL server. I've look all over the internet if there's a connector available who's working with SQLdb. I found this driver, but its only for IPhone.

Is there a possibility to connect MySQL with Wince?
SQLite is not an option.
Lazarus 2.06 (64b) / FPC 3.0.4 / Windows 10
stucked on Delphi 10.3.1

taazz

Re: MySQL client driver
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 02:09:15 pm »
I think your best bet is to find a jdbc driver for android and use that to talk to your server. Keep in mind that all those program require a direct access to an sql server running somewhere in your lan and outside your phone-device.

Sleep moooore sleep! any way as far as I know the only way to work with mysql would be to have the libmysql.dll compiled for android and use it to connect to the server try searching the net there should be a couple of ports going on. There is a way to avoid the client library altogether and talk to the server through tcp/ip directly but that would require to rewrite the client communication your self or simple buy http://www.devart.com/mydac/ which claims that it can bypass the libmusql and talk to the server.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 02:18:07 pm by taazz »
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

Laz: Lazarus 1.4.4 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64

mangakissa

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 04:51:46 pm »
Keep in mind that all those program require a direct access to an sql server running somewhere in your lan and outside your phone-device.
It's a scanner for working on the floor in the lan.
...or simple buy http://www.devart.com/mydac/ which claims that it can bypass the libmusql and talk to the server.
I'm aware of MyDAC. I have it running on Delphi with a lot of success. But I also know I should have the source code to installed it for Lazarus. That's -1 for me, because I',m only have the binaries.

So there are two options:
- Upgrade MyDAC for using in Lazarus
- Buy TWebBrowser from motorola (EURO 125,-- per license).

Back to my manager.
stucked on Delphi 10.3.1

taazz

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 04:58:16 pm »
Or write your own middleware that your application can talk to that in its turn talk to the server and avoid all the above. I think that brook can help you on this http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,19225.0.html.

Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

mangakissa

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 09:51:21 am »
taazz, is it working with GUI or something like PHP?
stucked on Delphi 10.3.1

taazz

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 10:15:26 am »
It works any way you like it to work. For example most of the times when some one says middle ware in the delphi/pascal world they mean a small library that can return a number of rows from a predefined or dynamicaly build  sql command and manage them as if they were data in a dataset. It's not very hard to do something like that if the plumping is already there eg brook framework. It has everything needed to receive and react on commands send to it through a web server. The reaction might be a simple compressed stream of data which can then be uncompressed in to a dataset at the clients end.
It only means that one more layer (tier) is between you and your data. eg a two tier architecture is a client server with the sqlserver being one tier and your application the second one. What I described above would be seen as a 3tier application with you writting the 3rd tier as a service in one of your lan computer.

You can always see if you can use an ORM like mORM that advertise it self as a SOA(Service Oriented Architecture) ORM http://synopse.info/fossil/wiki?name=SQLite3+Framework
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 10:18:49 am by taazz »

mangakissa

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 11:18:48 am »
Okay. I really have spare some time to look at it. On my other forum they always talk about a n-tier is the best way to talk to a server with less communication. I haven't seen the real purpose in Delphi with a client/server in datasnap. But This could be some different and even better.
To be continued.......
stucked on Delphi 10.3.1

mangakissa

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 12:24:28 pm »
Quote from: taazz
There is a way to avoid the client library altogether and talk to the server through tcp/ip directly but that would require to rewrite the client communication your self or simple buy http://www.devart.com/mydac/ which claims that it can bypass the libmusql and talk to the server.
Unfortunally MyDAC doesn't compile with wince settings.
stucked on Delphi 10.3.1

taazz

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 02:04:21 pm »
I don't have MyDAC my self, so I can't help on converting it to WinCE but if you post the errors here we might be able to guide you to the most appropriate path. Or better yet go with the middleware

TinyPortal © 2005-2018