Recent

Author Topic: Announcment: RC2 for the upcoming Version 1.2.  (Read 117139 times)

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
Re: Announcment: RC2 for the upcoming Version 1.2.
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014, 09:37:52 pm »
- when ticking the box 'Create a new secondary installation' an invalid pop up msg appears complaining that the folder is not empty, and the installation cannot continue;
More details please, I can not reproduce.
This happens when you create the installation folder beforehand and already create a new folder inside (I admit, not something everybody would do). I choose to create a new folder and already copied some custom packages in there so I could include them easily. Seems that ticked off the tick box :)
But then it is not empty, so the message is right.

Yes It could have an ignore options. Currently falls under patches welcome.

However I have a couple of Lazarus versions on my PC. Will it delete/uninstall all versions and all config folders (individually set with the pcp option)? That's what makes it scary to choose this option.
Also, if I'm not mistaken, Lazarus does not misbehave by adding to the DLL hell like many other (windows) programs do. So I can simply uninstall a Lazarus version by deleting the installation folder and config path. The one shortcut I have in my quick launch bar can be easily deleted as well.
About dll: QT there is one dll.

About config: By default it deleted the config in the %APPDATA%.... folder. But if you do a 2ndary install (or actually update), it should delete the config in the folder of that installation.
It does not read pcp from shortcuts. It looks for the lazarus.cfg file.

The option originally was added, because sometimes people messed up their install, and uninstalling did not help, as config remained. So the target group usually only has one config.

Yet, I agree, if you are updating a 2ndary install, it could show the path, of the config, that it will delete.
You can add a feature request, but again more than likely: patches welcome.

I know it is.
But it would be cool/look professional if it actually were a hyperlink.
Well yes "would be"...

About the installer and it maintenance: It has somehow ended up on my list. Well mainly because there where a few things that I r*wanted* to be fixed. And 2ndly because I wanted to add the 2ndary installer.

For all else, I have enough other things that I prioritize much higher. So except for really bad bugs ("format c" kind of stuff), I will likely not do much work on it. (hence all the "patches welcome")

If any one wants to pick it up. It would also be nice to have a tool, that detects all files that were moved, and builds a list, of all ppu in the old place. This list can then be put in the installer, and the itnstaller can clean such old files (those must only be files that were actually installed by a previous installer).
That would make updating without uninstalling safer (I did such a list by hand for 1.0.0, but not doing it now)

eny

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2014, 09:52:15 pm »
All work is much appreciated Martin_fr.
And as I said overall it's working smoothly. Just throwing in my own pet peeves from time to time :)

Now to contribute something as well on the VTV problem: I did some digging and it seems that the function declarations in the ActiveX unit for the interface IDropsource have changed. The two functions QueryContinueDrag and GiveFeedback (what's in a name)  both have a DWORD parameter. That used to be an Integer parameter. No idea when that was changed, but that is what makes the compilation of the package fail.

When in the Virtualtrees.pas file the parameters in the two corresponding functions are also changed from Integer to DWORD, all compiles, installs and works as advertised. Class TVTDragManager. Change the declaration and implementation obviously.

Or just simply try to compile, wait for the compiler to break at the right location and make the change then.

[edit]
Or I could have used the search function on the forum (which in this case gives the correct solution, just not the reason why...)
http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,17389.msg95823.html
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 10:00:16 pm by eny »
All posts based on: Win10 (Win64); Lazarus 2.0.10 'stable' (x64) unless specified otherwise...

PaulDriver

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2014, 10:56:39 pm »
Sorry to bother everyone, but I could use come confirmation.

Is anyone having trouble with Windows console (CMD) mode programs

just the simplest hello world bombs out at the writeln on line 9.

Code: [Select]
program TestConsole;
{$mode objfpc}{$H+}
uses
  {$IFDEF UNIX}{$IFDEF UseCThreads}
  cthreads,
  {$ENDIF}{$ENDIF}
  Classes;
begin
  WriteLn('Hello World!');
  ReadLn;
end.       

I also get a debugger error, that I captured in a screenshot.

(why do I feel like I just called for a biblical demon, after typing surazal )

taazz

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2014, 11:03:57 pm »
is it really a console application that you are compiling? Why do I get the feeling that you have not unchecked the gui option as the attached screen shot shows.
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

Laz: Lazarus 1.4.4 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2014, 11:36:41 pm »
How can the error be reproduced?

If there are steps, then it should be reported on mantis. (Best to include a coopy of your environmentoptions.xml)

It looks to me as if the IDE tries to restore the compile-info-window, after the debugging finished?

PaulDriver

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2014, 01:59:35 am »
I just tested to make sure I didn't screw up.

The IDE, on making a new project, and selecting 'console application' is not setting the W32gui compiler option to off.

But I don't recall having to check it before, and I think it's turning the W32gui setting on in my exsiting project, ...... ummmmm going to test all this is the existing release version of Lazarus and make a report in the bug-tracker.

Thanks for helping, I appreciate it.

MSC

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2014, 09:16:12 am »
Hi,
having a problem with 1.2RC1 and 2:
I have a template form with a pagecontrol and 2 tabsheets. One tabsheet has a panel and a toolbar.
This template then is inherited to a new form. When I wanted to add some other components (like edit, comboboxes) onto the inherited new tabsheet-panel, these controls are not shown on the panel but on the parent form itself. So all components appear on each tabsheet, which is not what I wanted. It is not possible to place these controls onto the tabsheets panel andI cannot move these components to the tabsheets-panel in the objectinspector.
This problem is not on actual 1.0.14.
I´m using windows 7 and the 32bit version of Lazarus.

Regard MSC

Bart

• Bart en Mariska's Webstek
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2014, 01:18:34 pm »
Please report in bugtracker, with compilable actual demo (sources only) that shows the difference between 1.0 and 1.2 branch.

Bart

snorkel

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2014, 04:50:59 pm »
is it possible to install into Program Files on windows with 1.2?
***Snorkel***
If I forget, I always use the latest stable 32bit version of Lazarus and FPC. At the time of this signature that is Laz 3.0RC2 and FPC 3.2.2

BigChimp

• Add to the wiki - it's free ;)
    • FPCUp, PaperTiger scanning and other open source projects
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2014, 04:58:01 pm »
Try it but I don't think it'll work due to the version of binutils not liking spaces... see report here http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Bounties#Windows_8_64bit_Pro_.28Full.2FUpgrade.29

Edit: the 1.2 release notes don't mention anything either so that's fairly definitive I'd say.
Finally: why would you install in program files on modern windows? Wouldn't you need to deal with UAC whenever you try to add a package & recompile?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 05:06:19 pm by BigChimp »
Want quicker answers to your questions? Read http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Faq#What_is_the_correct_way_to_ask_questions_in_the_forum.3F

Open source including papertiger OCR/PDF scanning:
https://bitbucket.org/reiniero

Lazarus trunk+FPC trunk x86, Windows x64 unless otherwise specified

userx-bw

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2014, 11:45:37 pm »
  :o   I'm just starting to learn how to use Lazarus 1.0.14 and freePascal I would not make a good tester ...  >:D
My Finished Projects
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mhsetroot/
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gmhsetrootfreepascalfrontend/

HP Elitetbook 6930p Dual Core Intel vPro 2.66 gHz
VOID (Linux) 64bit

mangakissa

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2014, 09:28:21 am »
I'm not a beta tester but like the improvment things.
What I noticed : TFBAdmin and TFBEventmonitor. Really good tools (now I have to create a small TFBadmin like for myself), but the FPC release make me worry. Release 1.2Rc2 will be delivered with FPC 2.6.2, but in http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Firebird_in_action#Database_Administration they want explicitly FPC 2.6.3 or higher running.

Will these two tools working in the future releases of Lazarus/FPC?
Lazarus 2.06 (64b) / FPC 3.0.4 / Windows 10
stucked on Delphi 10.3.1

JD

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2014, 10:29:39 am »
I want to make a case for VTV also. I haven't been able to get it to compile. It worked fine for me in the 1.1 series with FPC 2.6.2.
Windows - Lazarus 2.1/FPC 3.2 (built using fpcupdeluxe),
Linux Mint - Lazarus 2.1/FPC 3.2 (built using fpcupdeluxe)

mORMot; Zeos 8; SQLite, PostgreSQL & MariaDB; VirtualTreeView

taazz

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2014, 11:44:22 am »
I installed vtv yesterday and I didn't touch a think, it is the same code that I used for my 1.0.10 installation. What exactly is the error you are getting?
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

taazz

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2014, 05:14:19 pm »
Is it me or some one disabled the ability to drag a component in negative positions on the designer and if its not me, why?

TinyPortal © 2005-2018