Recent

Author Topic: Anyone install pascal script with latest Lazarus stable? Not working for me.  (Read 2617 times)

snorkel

Getting this error when I try and compile:
C:\lazarus\components\pascalscript\Source\uPSRuntime.pas(4234,9) Error: Argument can't be assigned to

on line:

{$IFDEF FPC}
    darr^.header.length := nil;

Does it not like FPC 2.6?

I downloaded the git master.
***Snorkel***
If I forget, I always use the latest stable 32bit version of Lazarus and FPC. At the time of this signature that is Laz 3.0RC2 and FPC 3.2.2

hinst

Well, Lazarus should not affect PascalScript at all unless you use units which are supposed to provide access from script to visual components. I remember I used PascalScript once, not too long ago. Worked with FPC 2.6.2 well. Why don't you see the definition of the length property? Perhaps this line of code assigns field of a read-only record property (header) which was possible in earlier versions of FPC, but not anymore. Maybe there are few errors like this, you can fix them yourself. // I remember I had to do this too. There were like five compile time errors, but I corrected them myself and after that PascalScript worked fine
Too late to escape fate

snorkel

Thanks,
Got it to compile.
***Snorkel***
If I forget, I always use the latest stable 32bit version of Lazarus and FPC. At the time of this signature that is Laz 3.0RC2 and FPC 3.2.2

TinyPortal © 2005-2018