Recent

Author Topic: developing linux card game  (Read 6242 times)

4nt-0k

developing linux card game
« on: April 29, 2006, 05:51:57 pm »
Does anyone know how to load cards.dll that is provided by windows to be used in lazarus on linux?

The w32 version of lazarus have the ability to load 'cards.dll' by using LoadLibrary syntax and unit windows. But I can't find any equivalent syntax to load dll files on linux version.

If that is impossible to load 'cards.dll' on linux, then how can I make card game using lazarus linux version?

Marmin_

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 05:58:40 pm »
Are you sure it is legal to use a m$ dll for Linux ? :)
Sorry, about the question.. make an own Card engine?

4nt-0k unlogged

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 07:09:36 pm »
What if I use a freeware version of cards.dll that is created by other people?
It has the same structure with the original anyway.
It is only a college assignment, not for publication or commercial use.

So can lazarus for linux load it?

felipemdc

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 11:32:19 pm »
Quote from: "4nt-0k unlogged"
So can lazarus for linux load it?

DLLs are not native to Linux and just won´t work easely. It does is possible, and some software like Wine and MPlayer are able to do it, but it´s surely a very complex technology. Probably more complex then the cards.dll itself.

It´s not a question of Lazarus being able to do it. Linux software in general cannot do it unless they use some hardcore tricks.

Do you have the source code of that dll? If so you can try to recompile it on Linux. It probably won´t work due to calls to Windows API. Further more you can try to convert that source to Pascal and substitute WinAPI calls with LCL/FCL/RTL calls to make it cross-platform.

Another option is to create your own card engine.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018