Recent

Author Topic: Code Librarian V1 Release Candidate.  (Read 12466 times)

taazz

Code Librarian V1 Release Candidate.
« on: November 25, 2013, 11:08:45 am »
After I scheduled some time to work on my Code librarian this week I have finally closed all those small annoyances and finished with all the functionality planned for the first stable version. This version supports multiple languages and in this version it supports
  • 9 languages
  • 6 SQL dialects
  • multiple snippet libraries
  • Merging Libraries
  • Auto load last opened library when executed.
The source code for this release is on the repository and the win32 executable with a sample snippet library has been uploaded to the release folder. A linux executable is planned and will be released either today or tomorrow.

For downloads and code check out visit the project page at http://sourceforge.net/projects/codelibrarian/.

EDIT
32bit  binaries for linux qt and gtk2 have been uploaded also. Any one that links to the git repo please re import it uvar and options form have been uploaded sorry for the inconvenience.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 08:48:40 am by taazz »
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

Laz: Lazarus 1.4.4 FPC 2.6.4 i386-win32-win32/win64

BigChimp

• Add to the wiki - it's free ;)
    • FPCUp, PaperTiger scanning and other open source projects
Re: Code Librarian V1 Release Candidate.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 11:22:41 am »
Great... but what is the URL for the repo ;)

Edit: http://sourceforge.net/projects/codelibrarian/ perhaps ;)
Want quicker answers to your questions? Read http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Faq#What_is_the_correct_way_to_ask_questions_in_the_forum.3F

Open source including papertiger OCR/PDF scanning:
https://bitbucket.org/reiniero

Lazarus trunk+FPC trunk x86, Windows x64 unless otherwise specified

taazz

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 11:30:32 am »
Crap  :-[ I thought I was forgetting something. You are right that is the correct URL, I'll edit the first post to included. Thanks for the heads up.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 11:35:26 am by taazz »
Good judgement is the result of experience … Experience is the result of bad judgement.

BigChimp

• Add to the wiki - it's free ;)
    • FPCUp, PaperTiger scanning and other open source projects
Want quicker answers to your questions? Read http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Faq#What_is_the_correct_way_to_ask_questions_in_the_forum.3F

Open source including papertiger OCR/PDF scanning:
https://bitbucket.org/reiniero

Lazarus trunk+FPC trunk x86, Windows x64 unless otherwise specified

bzman24

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 08:47:43 pm »
Sorry to say but this app is a work in progress and not useful as is.  Don't get me wrong, I think the idea is really great and is something programmers will and can use.  Maybe the problem is I downloaded the Windows beta version (dated ‎3/‎10/‎2013).  It is completely different than 2 of the three sample screen shots shown.  Just a simple text file to explain how it is supposed to work would have been great if it was included.  I have monkeyed with it for awhile and finally found that it auto saves but it only saves the folder tree and not any code snippets I put in the right hand side window as shown.  It also starts half off the screen so I have to reposition it when it starts each time.  Maybe if I had the newer version that is shown in the screen shots it would work better.  I hope taazz has a newer version we can download because I sure would use it.  Just my thoughts.

Bzman
==============
Linux Mint 17.3
Lazarus: V1.8.2 / FPC - 3.0.4

taazz

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 09:30:43 pm »
Latest version is at http://sourceforge.net/projects/codelibrarian/files/Release/CodeLibrarian.1.0.0.0.RC1.Win32.rar/download
I haven't work on it for a few months now but I'm using it in daily bases and it simple works for me, that of course says nothing about the application it self since I'm the author.

In sort you can add two kinds of leafs on the tree folders and snippets. Selecting a folder should make the code editor on the right read only so you will not be able to add code on any folder leafs. You need to have a snippet leaf selected on the tree at the left before adding any code. It will auto save the moment you select any other other leaf on the tree and if I remember correctly you can press ctrl+S to force a save (this is not in any menu yet).

Things on my to do list
1) support for the following groups
  a) Operating System support (win, linux, MacOS etc).
  b) Framework/library required(LCL, VCL, INDY, Synapse, VirtuaTreeView setc).
2) full text search. I'm evaluating 3 different engines to choose from (search all text any where in the files including snippet titles on the tree but not folder names).
3) Filter will filter the tree titles only
4) copy, paste and duplicate snippets complete with their extra info (groups requirements etc).
5) move items inside the tree folder easily, probably some kind of drag and drop operation based on the 4th extension.

As each feature is completed a new version will be posted on sourceforge. I welcome any and all comments, complains, ideas fill free to post it here or post a question at the projects forums at sourceforge. If a day has passed with out any acknowledgment then fill free to PM me here.

esvignolo

• Using FPC in Windows, Linux, Macos
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2015, 01:19:04 am »
Hi, i make a build for macos and work like a charm :)

If someone want this build, tell me, and i will upload it.

Maybe we can share this snippet's files.

Regads, and thanks for the application.

bzman24

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2015, 02:35:28 am »
Taazz, thanks for responding.   I'll download the latest and give it a try.   :)

Bzman
==============
Linux Mint 17.3

bzman24

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2015, 04:30:19 am »
Taazz - tried it.  Works great and does what I needed.  Your tip on adding a snippet leaf was the trick that I needed to do to make it work as it should.  Thank You!

Bzman :D
==============
Linux Mint 17.3

taazz

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2015, 06:48:31 pm »
Hi, i make a build for macos and work like a charm :)

If someone want this build, tell me, and i will upload it.

Maybe we can share this snippet's files.

Regads, and thanks for the application.
Nice!! I was always wandered how it would fare on MACOS. Thank you for the feed back. If you want you can send me an archive and I'll upload it on sourceforge along with the rest of the files or if you prefer I'll simple add a link in the projects page to your site/page/download etc. pm me to coordinate this.

Paul_

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2015, 02:41:42 pm »
Good idea :)

Bug - I can create snippet and delete name = crash + can't delete it

taazz

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2015, 04:00:27 am »
Good idea :)

Bug - I can create snippet and delete name = crash + can't delete it
If you close the program/library and re open it does the node still exists or not?

Paul_

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2015, 04:00:21 pm »
still exists

taazz

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2015, 04:42:01 pm »
Nice catch!! I'll try to recreate the problem as you describe it to see for my self. IF I'm not able to do so I'll probably ask for a sample library that has the problem for me to debug it farther. Stay tuned for more info and thank you for your time.

taazz

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2015, 07:38:47 pm »
Ok spend a couple of hours trying to recreate any problems with the naming mechanism and got me nowhere if for any reason the name provided is invalid then the application will simple refuse to rename the file. overall I couldn't create a file that I can't delete so I have to ask you for a copy of your library with the wrong filename to investigate. Also I'd like to inform all of you that a new version is up on sourceforge that has a filter editor for the tree view added. Now you can filter the names of the tree and new executables have been uploaded I did some clean up on the files as well so now it should be easier to download the correct file.

TinyPortal © 2005-2018