Recent

Author Topic: 1.2 RC1 Debugging on OSX  (Read 3905 times)

JimKueneman

1.2 RC1 Debugging on OSX
« on: November 23, 2013, 01:48:43 pm »
Now that I have gdb working I have hit an issue with either it or RC1.   When I run an application through the debugger

1) It does not show on the dock bar as an icon
2) I can't make the window active by clicking on it

My application interact with TCP so if I connect to it with python the logging is displayed so the functionality of the application is working, it is just not playing with the GUI correctly.  I tried running a supplied demo application and it does the same thing.

I am about to go back to 1.08 to see if it is 1.2 that is the issue.

Jim

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
Re: 1.2 RC1 Debugging on OSX
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 02:00:49 pm »
The issue is caused because Lazarus creates a app bundle with a link in it. And some (newer) gdb, have a bug, and resolve that link, instead of calling the link.

I doubt 1.0.8 will help.

The old apple gdb 6.3.50 could open the app bundle itself (like you would open it in the finder)

The new gdb all need the actual exe in the bundle.

For The OS that is ok, as long as the exe is in the bundle. But if the exe is not in the bundle, then the lack of intractability will be there.

Lazarus creates project.app/MacOs/Content/project  But this is a link. And the real exe is not in the bundle.

When GDB is given that link, it should use that link, and pass the link to the OS. But some GDB do not, the resolve the link, and pass the exe outside the bundle.

----
Solution

In Project options, change the final exe name and location, to actually be in the bundle.

JimKueneman

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 02:13:15 pm »
You mean the Target file name (-o) field? 

If so is it possible to do that through conditional so when I compile on Windows it does not create a bundle path to place the exe in?

Jim

Martin_fr

• Administrator
  • Debugger - SynEdit - and more
    • wiki
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 02:29:47 pm »
Yes -o

Don't know for sure, about conditional.

Maybe if there is a idemacro for the path in the bundle, that will evaluate empty on none Mac. But do not know.

Or in the section where you can define idemacros, you can do some scripting there. But again nothing that I know (there is a wiki page)

Or in Additions and override, and save in lps (assuming you do have different lps on each computer)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018