Author Topic: How much money you've earned till now using Lazarus  (Read 11786 times)

felipemdc

• Administrator
Re: How much money you've earned till now using Lazarus
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 11:12:21 pm »
400 € on which I had to pay 10000€ tax, because Germany has flat rate social insurance fees for freelancers, almost independent of your actual income. It's an absolutely horrible country

wow, that's outrageous. And I thought that taxes here in Poland were high...

In Poland a sole-freelancer also has to pay a flat rate of 1200zl (300 euros) per month for social security + income tax (aprox. 15%), but if you already have a job then you only need to pay income tax of the freelancer work and no social security for it (since you already pay social security from the main job). Isnt it the same in Germany? Do you have a main job?

BeniBela

• homepage
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2015, 12:39:02 am »
In Poland a sole-freelancer also has to pay a flat rate of 1200zl (300 euros) per month for social security + income tax (aprox. 15%), but if you already have a job then you only need to pay income tax of the freelancer work and no social security for it (since you already pay social security from the main job). Isnt it the same in Germany?

That is pretty much the same.

Just somewhat higher and not including pensions.

Do you have a main job?

I did not

That was the problem

Nitorami

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2015, 01:53:40 am »
@BeniBela
Not sure what you are talking about as during my time as freelancer (in germany ! not working as programmer though) I had to pay a small fee for my health insurance, and tax every three months in advance. It was calculated on the basis of the last year's total income, and if I had no income, I could claim tax refund at the end of the year. But that was 20 years ago.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 01:56:33 am by Nitorami »

ssliackus

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2016, 12:53:11 pm »
I like that question, it indicates the value language/tools and perspectives.

Thaddy

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2016, 01:11:48 pm »
I did not earn any noticeable money with Lazarus but I am quite financially independent because of Delphi related work. (I am almost 59 and pension is in place, that kind of stuff)
I did and do in the future on occasion work in FreePascal, though. Most of it is server based D6/7 originally.
My rate is depending on the project, but since it is not my  main income it is taxed at 52%,because my main income is in the 52% tax range in the Netherlands. And VAT is separate, but worked out differently.
But a tool does not pay you. It is knowledge and working ethics that pays you. In my case mostly banking software.
Often I am just payed for design, review or business consultancy and that is not tied to a tool like Lazarus.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 01:18:55 pm by Thaddy »
"Logically, no number of positive outcomes at the level of experimental testing can confirm a scientific theory, but a single counterexample is logically decisive."

Recent

Get Lazarus at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads Open Hub project report for Lazarus