Recent

Author Topic: "PPU is compiled for another processor" and Chart tab is missing  (Read 3449 times)

doc31415

I've just installed lazarus-aqua using Fink (on OSX 10.8.5).  I have Xcode 5.0 with command line tools.

When I start to create a new Application in Lazarus, the source editor opens Unit1.pas.

Without doing anything more, if I click on "compile" then CarbonWSArrow opens in the editor as well.

The messages box says:
"PPU Loading /sw/share/lazarus/lcl/units/i386-darwin/arrow.ppu
PPU is compiled for another processor
carbon/carbonwsarrow.pp(36,3) Fatal: Can not find Arrow used by CarbonWSArrpw, ppu = ../units/i386-darwin/arrow.ppu, package LCLBase"

I'm not sure why it tries using arrow since it is a completely empty form.
Can anyone help?

Also (possibly related) when I look at the controls toolbars, there is the Standard, Additional, Common Controls etc tabs but no Chart tab (I want to use TAChart).  TBarChart appears under Misc, but that is all.  Should the Chart tab be there or does it need installing separately to Lazarus?

Thanks.

kamischi

Re: "PPU is compiled for another processor" and Chart tab is missing
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 02:43:04 pm »
I assume that you installed lazarus-aqua, which is carbon and therefore 32bit only. I tried to still make it work, but it seems with little success. 10.8 may not even have any the 32bit carbon libraries any longer. It is probably safer to use lazarus-gtk2, since this is full 64 bit. However, it does not look so nice. In principle, cocoa is also 64 bit, but the cocoa based lcl is very incomplete. Another alternative would be that i finally try to add the Qt based lcl to fink, but it means quite some work.

MiSchi.
fpc 2.6.4, lazarus 1.4.0, Mac OS X, fink

TinyPortal © 2005-2018