Recent

Author Topic: LazSqlX  (Read 143645 times)

sin_dragan

Re: LazSqlX
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2013, 01:48:14 pm »
My mistake, this problem has been reported and it's related to Lazarus 1.0.8.

Oracle 12g Express
NAME VALUE$
------------------------------ ----------
NLS_CHARACTERSET AL32UTF8
NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET AL16UTF16

I am able to set SQLQuery.Active := true in the Object Inspector in Lazarus 1.0.6 / FPC 2.6.0.

This doesn't work in Lazarus 1.0.8 and up with FPC 2.6.2.
Ah, that looks like bug 24723: OracleConnection: ORA-01062: unable to allocate memory for define buffer

As I cannot reproduce that bug, it would help a lot if you could try on FPC trunk+Lazarus (say Lazarus trunk) and see if the bug is still present there. If you do so, please report your findings in the bug tracker...
I'd also be happy to try and respond on the forum though starting a different thread may be appropriate ;)

@BigChimp
Hi, sorry to post here again, I just wanted to let you know that I ve tried on Lazarus 1.1, FPC 2.7.1, rev. 42538 and it's working okay :) I'll post detailed report on bug tracker soon.

@flamer0n
I've done some tests. I ve tried to connect to two Oracle servers.

The first one is Oracle 10g XE 10.2.0.1.0 and I connected and run queries without problems.

The second is Oracle Database 11g 11.2.0.3.0 and when I enter credentials I get this message:

Invalid ConnectionString: SQL Error: OCI ERROR ORA 28547: connection to server failed, probable Oracle Net admin error.

The solution was to copy file oraociei11.dll from bin folder of Oracle client 11 to system path or application base dir.

Now I can connect with same parameters, although I found problem when I tried to run query on several of the tables. I got this message:

SQL Error: OCI_ERROR: ORA-01406: fetched column value was truncated.

When I execute same script with other DB management systems, result is okay.

Dragan

Windows 7 64 bit
Lazarus 1.4.1 (w/fixes) FPC 2.6.4 win32

flamer0n

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2013, 09:17:31 am »
@sin_dragan Thank you for testing it. Did you try to execute the same script in a dummy project with zeos connection and zquery ? I'll take a look into it to see if it's the libs' fault of the version that is shipped with lazsqlx or some kind of bug with zeos components. I also found here that it was reported as ora bug and supposedly fixed in the ora version you tested.

thank you, I really appreciate it

sin_dragan

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2013, 01:14:41 am »
@sin_dragan Thank you for testing it. Did you try to execute the same script in a dummy project with zeos connection and zquery ? I'll take a look into it to see if it's the libs' fault of the version that is shipped with lazsqlx or some kind of bug with zeos components. I also found here that it was reported as ora bug and supposedly fixed in the ora version you tested.

thank you, I really appreciate it

Yes, I tried to execute from Lazarus 1.0.8/2.6.2 and 1.1/2.7.1 it gives me same error, Zeos was 7.0.5-stable and 7.1-alpha. Strange, but after several reconnects it goes okay but when I compile the application as soon as I start scrolling down the dbgrid it throws back same error.

After that I used in Delphi sample project with UniDac 5.0.1 components and it throws back Metadata error only after first connect, after disconnect and reconnect it's okay.

I thought that the data in the DB is faulty, it states varchar2 (30), when I connect with Database .Net I see that the maximum populated field size with text is 30.

Eventualy, I tried with SQLDB components (1.1/2.7.1) and it worked without a glitch! Nice  8-)

You're welcome, keep up the good work.

Dragan
Windows 7 64 bit
Lazarus 1.4.1 (w/fixes) FPC 2.6.4 win32

joseme

• Logosoft sistemas
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2013, 12:31:14 pm »
Thanks! It is a very good tool.
Why don't you add Firebird support? You are using Zeos, it should be easy to add.
un aporte a la comunidad:
http://pascalylazarus.blogspot.com/

flamer0n

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2013, 02:58:01 pm »
@joseme I'll probably add later more db platforms including Firebird. Yea it's easy with zeos components to add any db platform support, except some query/sp generations and table informations and table edit. That's not hard either, but requires a little bit more effort.

I'm soon to publish another version of LazSqlX with a new feature called Database Cloner, for copying database/tables/references from one db platform to the other db platform (within supported range of course, and for now it's mssql,mysql,oracle and sqlite). Some kind of very simple migration tool. First only table structures and keys with references. In later versions I'll probably add also data migration and other stuff...

I hope you enjoy it. Thank you.

flamer0n

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2013, 04:10:09 pm »

3.17.2.1197 (New version)

Feature:
   + Added a feature called Database Cloner (*partially tested for all directions except others to oracle)   
   + Ora libs shipped with setup are now of instantclient-basiclite-nt-12.1.0.1.0, which explains the doubled size of the setup
Fixes:
   - last connection saved to temp (to avoid special permissions for running)
   - running under special permission removed
   - Fixed a bug where fields containing spaces caused an exception to occur when viewing table informations and/or adding table in query designer
   - Fixed a bug where Run Procedure with GUI helper in procedureList wouldn't execute for Oracle, raising an exception.

* Known Issues:
    Run Procedure for MySql (with GUI Helper) still doesn't work (the exception occurs in zeos dataset component, FetchOneRow function, so I'll wait for some fixes)

Requested version update at Softpedia, they'll probably add it soon, anyway here's download link:

Download:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazsqlx/files/Version%203.17.2.1197/LazSqlX_3.17.2.1197_Setup.exe/download

Thank you for suggestions.

hrayon

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2013, 09:09:01 pm »
It will be good if enable your application to connect to sqlite encrypted databases.
Allow choose the dll file and the parameter string of ZConnection component. See here:
http://zeoslib.sourceforge.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1674&p=7637&hilit=sqlite+encrypt#p7637

thank you

flamer0n

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2013, 03:47:37 pm »

+Added Recent Connections Feature (up to 10 last connections used listed)

+Added Advanced properties for Connection (in connection dialog, you can specify custom library and enter custom connection properties)

-Bugfixes

Download at SourceForge
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 03:53:31 pm by flamer0n »

flamer0n

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2013, 03:49:59 pm »
@hrayon check out new version I just uploaded, and see if it can open sqlite encrypted DB, by specifying custom sqlite3.dll (that supports encryption) and password field to enter the password used to encrypt sqlite db. Leave password field empty to connect normally to sqlite db.

Thank you

hrayon

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2013, 04:57:32 pm »
Good news! Thank you @flamer0n! :)

flamer0n

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2013, 02:35:46 pm »
@joseme

Firebird support added. It will be in the next version I publish. 

thank you

flamer0n

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2013, 03:36:38 pm »
LazSqlX  New Version (4.0.0.1219)

+ Added Firebird support
- Bugfixes

Already requested to update the version in Softpedia, it will take a while there, but here it is in SourceForge

Download from SourceForge

esvignolo

• Using FPC in Windows, Linux, Macos
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2013, 05:17:48 pm »
 :) :) :) :) :) Thanks!

flamer0n

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2013, 09:47:47 pm »
 LazSqlX (4.0.0.1223)  Linux Version Preview

Only binary included, no libs, so this version expects you to have let's say MySql,Sqlite,Firebird libs installed on your linux machine. This is first release for  linux and is highly untested.

- Just fixed some critical bugs for linux version. Tried some simple stuff  in MySql and Sqlite and it worked.

Download 
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 10:51:03 pm by flamer0n »

flamer0n

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2013, 03:20:46 pm »
LazSqlX v4.0.1.1232

+ Allow zooming of text in editor while scrolling mouse wheel while ctrl is pressed
- Fix GenerateProcedure for SelectItem
- Fix procedure list in FireBird
- Fix Running Procedure with GUI Helper for MySql,Firebird,MsSql (right-click procedure name and then "Run")

*Known issues
- Procedures in Oracle cannot be executed

SourceForge:
Download

TinyPortal © 2005-2018