Recent

Author Topic: New Release of Components for digital signal filtering.  (Read 6411 times)

AntillaSoft

New Release of Components for digital signal filtering.
« on: July 20, 2013, 06:27:56 am »
New release of components for digital signal filtering. Includes high-pass filters, low pass, band pass and band suppression. Includes several approximations of filter for infinite impulse response (IIR), and now filter for finite response impulse(FIR), DCT, Wavelet tranform and new version of the FFT that include diferent windows methos.
see at:
www.AntillaSoft.com

TurboRascal

• "Good sysadmin. Bad programmer."™
Re: New Release of Components for digital signal filtering.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 10:23:12 pm »
This is really a great thing to have, thanks!

One remark though, please consider licensing it under a recognized Open Source / Free Software license, because your license is not ideal for open source works using the components. If you want to safeguard your code from being incorporated (i.e. stolen) into proprietary works, you can dual-license it. For example you could use your license and the GPL, so open source developers would have no problems, and proprietary works would have to abide to the terms of your license.
Regards, ArNy the Turbo Rascal
-
"The secret is to give them what they need, not what they want." - Scotty, STTNG:Relics

marcov

• Administrator
  • FPC developer.
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 10:50:10 pm »
... the GPL, so open source developers would have no problems

Hmm, there are hordes of Open Source developers that won't touch GPL, so that is a bit strange statement

TurboRascal

• "Good sysadmin. Bad programmer."™
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 09:10:08 am »
I do understand there are many different Open Source licenses incompatible with the GPL, and projects unwilling to use it; it can be viewed as a sort of compromise.

If the author of the components wishes to limit proprietary software developers for incorporating them for free however they wish, then proprietary+GPL dual licensing is a way to go. That solution is used by the GNAT (Ada compiler suite) and has been used by Qt (didn't hurt much its popularity then).

It IS a compromise, but it's the best one I can remember ATM. If it only the current proprietary license remains, it might prevent Open Source devs from using it. MPL could also be used, but it is supposedly GPL-incompatible, whic may be a problem. If any permissive license (MIT/BSD or even LGPL) is used, that would counteract protections the autor seeks in his original license.

If someone can propose a better FOSS license to combine with the proprietary one, that would be great. Of course, there is little chance one could be found for single-licensing, since the author wishes to impose certain restrictions which cannot exist in OSI and FSF approved licenses, hence dual licensing seems the best bet.
Regards, ArNy the Turbo Rascal
-
"The secret is to give them what they need, not what they want." - Scotty, STTNG:Relics

AntillaSoft

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 06:12:46 pm »
Hello everyone.
For lazarus developers the license have a paragraph that allows free use.
For Delphi developers that is not free.

2.4 Special agreement for version of AntillaSoft Components for Lazarus/FPC without code
source: You are entitled to use the AntillaSoft Components version for Lazarus/FPC without
code source for free. This Special agreement is not valid for the Delphi version of AntillaSoft
Components.

The text without
code source can be obviate because the code source  can be downloaded from our the site.
Best regard
AntillaSoft Team.

Mike.Cornflake

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 06:19:29 pm »
I'm still hazy on the whole licensing issues, but this sounds very generous, many thanks :-)
Lazarus Trunk/FPC Trunk on Windows [7, 10]
  Have you tried searching this forum or the wiki?:   http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Alternative_Main_Page
  BOOKS! (Free and otherwise): http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Pascal_and_Lazarus_Books_and_Magazines

CM630

• Не съм сигурен, че те разбирам.
    • http://sourceforge.net/u/cm630/profile/
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 07:52:55 am »
*AntillaSoft, I'm glad you are back. I tried unsuccessfully to address you regarding some issues with your NIDAQmx, so I decided your company is defunct.
I might need some FFT, so I hope you will keep pace with the latest Lazarus versions.
Btw, you coul'd drop an eye on this thread.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 07:55:20 am by paskal »
Лазар 3,2 32 bit (sometimes 64 bit); FPC3,2,2; rev: Lazarus_3_0 on Win10 64bit.

todhuk

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2017, 12:11:42 pm »
Hello,
What about your project? Are things going?

TinyPortal © 2005-2018