Recent

Author Topic: No Scanner found when trying to make an on create event  (Read 2237 times)

SillyOldDragon

No Scanner found when trying to make an on create event
« on: June 28, 2013, 02:30:22 am »
---------------------------------------------
No scanner found for "C:\DUMMY\SETDEMO\setdemo_main.lfm". If this is an include file, please open the main source first.

This is from Chapter 13 of Learn to Pascal using Lazarus 1.0.  The final step is to double click next to "on Create".  The above is the message I get.  The .lfm file is open in the editor.

{$R *.lfm} is in setmenu_main right after "implementation".
{$R *.res} is in the middle of setdemo.lpr

{$ mode objfpc} {$H+} are in red in setdemo_main, dualdigitsset and setdemo.llpr ..
I did not find them in setdemo_main.lfm,, so guessing they might have been missed, I put them in.  They showed up in blue like a regular comment - not red.

Thus far the program compiles error free.  It has simply decided that by asking it create an OnCreate even I'm asking the impossible.

I do not even know into which forum I should have posted this.  I've Googled and searched here but everything wants to talk about a paper reading device not this "scanner" business (whatever that is).

I'm lost and need a clue - a am all asea.   Thank you.

EJ Sulman

Re: No Scanner found when trying to make an on create event
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 10:41:12 pm »
I just had the same message. By coincidence found the answer by switching between Form/Unit, but eventually simply by closing the lfm file in the CodeEditor.

(This topic is old i now, but now it has an answer)

TinyPortal © 2005-2018