Recent

Author Topic: opening a new forum thread...  (Read 4894 times)

PaowZ

opening a new forum thread...
« on: March 27, 2004, 11:49:27 am »
Hi There!

I 'm new to Lazarus project and I really enjoy developer work all around this IDE, but there remains bugs still not fixed...
Such as object inspector dropdown list which is a quite boring bug..
Well, what about opening a new forum thread about different ways to circumvent known bugs for ones who know how, while waiting for developers to fix them..?
it could be useful for lazarus beginner user, this project looks so good...

Anyway, does anyone know what to do when bug228 occurs? i'm talking about dropdown list which disapears...?

thanks a lot...

PaowZ

ps:I am using the last win32 install binaries available for download...

Vincent Snijders

• Administrator
    • My Lazarus wiki user page
Re: opening a new forum thread...
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2004, 12:55:22 pm »
Quote from: "PaowZ"

I 'm new to Lazarus project and I really enjoy developer work all around this IDE, but there remains bugs still not fixed...

So very true. :-(

Such as object inspector dropdown list which is a quite boring bug..

I have been looking at it. It does drop down, but apparently immediately afterwards it rolls up. The difficulty with this bug is also, that you can't switch windows (i.e. to a debugger) when the list is dropped down, because switching to a different window also rolls the list up.

Well, what about opening a new forum thread about different ways to circumvent known bugs for ones who know how, while waiting for developers to fix them..?
it could be useful for lazarus beginner user, this project looks so good...

IMHO there is no need for a new forum. These discussion have a natural place in the using lazarus forums..

Anyway, does anyone know what to do when bug228 occurs? i'm talking about dropdown list which disapears...?

If you want to use the drop down again (once), you have to restart lazarus. :-(. So this is no good work around.
You also can type in the text, for example alclient for the Align property. But this requirres knowledge of the possible values.

Vincent Snijders

• Administrator
    • My Lazarus wiki user page
Re: opening a new forum thread...
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 03:59:17 pm »
Quote from: "Vincent"
Quote from: "PaowZ"

If you want to use the drop down again (once), you have to restart lazarus. :-(. So this is no good work around.
You also can type in the text, for example alclient for the Align property. But this requirres knowledge of the possible values.

I found another work around: set the item height of the object inspecter to a value smaller than 21, for example 20.

You can set the item height in the Environment, Environtment Options, Object Inspector Tab, Miscellanious groupbox.

I doubt that this will be long with us, now that we know that it is size related. So enjoy it while you can :-).

TinyPortal © 2005-2018